We had a pre-paid Priceline reservation. When we arrived, we were told the hotel was all booked. We were to be sent to a "sister hotel" two miles away for one night. I responded that we didn't wish to be moved after one night. I was told the hotel would only pay for one night at the other hotel. I threw a tantrum & they agreed to pay for two nights. I know screw-ups can happen, but this one was handled badly by staff. Very unpleasant experience, & we were stuck a couple of miles from downtown. The second hotel (Hotel Tomo) was pleasant enough, but definitely not the downtown location we sought. On the second evening, I got a call from the Galleria Park manager apologizing. She then spontaneously offered to return our Priceline payment. That would have made me feel better, if it had happened -- but three weeks later I am still waiting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of San Francisco, Galleria Park gives you easy access to everything the Bay Area has to offer to its visitors. The hotel is located with easy access to the Bay Area's central transit systems of BART, MUNI and the fabled cable cars. Within blocks are Union Square, Chinatown, the Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, and several world-class museums. The hotel is just steps away from world-class shopping destinations in Union Square--an area that is definitely a tribute to the power of shopping. Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, Gump's and a very substantial Macy's are right on the Union Square. The venerable Bullock and Jones and Tiffany and Co. are within walking distance, as is the nine-story Westfield San Francisco Shopping Centre with its three-level Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. It is also a center for exclusive couture and high fashion, with boutiques dedicated to Betsey Johnson, Kate Spade, Herve Leger, Karen Miller, and Michael Kors. Post Street, which is a block away from Galleria Park is where the high-end stores are located including Ralph Lauren, Ferragamo, Juicy Couture, Tory Burch, Ferrari and Porsche clothing stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Galleria Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Park, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel San Francisco
- Galleria Park San Francisco
- Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco