“Promised much, delivered very little” 1 of 5 bubbles

Galleria Park Hotel
Ranked #33 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Monterey, CA
“Promised much, delivered very little”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

We had a pre-paid Priceline reservation. When we arrived, we were told the hotel was all booked. We were to be sent to a "sister hotel" two miles away for one night. I responded that we didn't wish to be moved after one night. I was told the hotel would only pay for one night at the other hotel. I threw a tantrum & they agreed to pay for two nights. I know screw-ups can happen, but this one was handled badly by staff. Very unpleasant experience, & we were stuck a couple of miles from downtown. The second hotel (Hotel Tomo) was pleasant enough, but definitely not the downtown location we sought. On the second evening, I got a call from the Galleria Park manager apologizing. She then spontaneously offered to return our Priceline payment. That would have made me feel better, if it had happened -- but three weeks later I am still waiting.

2 Thank mountainwineryfan
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2011
On behalf of the staff of Galleria Park Hotel, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience relating to you being relocated at another hotel. This rarely happens to our hotel, but sometimes when guests decide to stay longer than their original date of departure we don't have any other option but to move other guests to other hotels. The manager-on-duty submitted the request for reimbursement that same day when she called contacted you. We've also followed-up with Priceline and was informed that they have credited your account.

I hope you would consider our hotel again when your travels take you to San Francisco. Again, my sincere apologies.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
Merced, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

The Galleria Park is truly one of the best hotels in San Francisco! The location is perfecct. Once they park our car, we don't have to see it again until we leave. The hotel is conveniently located between the financial district and Union Square so you can walk everywhere! We've even walked to the Ferry Building - a mere 15 minute walk away. You will find the staff welcoming and extremely knowledgeable about the restaurants and other SF sites. We absolutely love this hotel! The rooms are beautifully appointed and the 5:30 p.m. wine hour is very, very nice! We have met some wonderful people while sipping on good CA white wine. You won't be disappointed if you book a room at this hotel!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GalleriaHotelGM, General Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisors.com members. I'm glad that you've enjoyed your stay with us and my staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back! Enjoy the Holiday Season!
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

We called the Galleria Park Hotel home this past weekend for my birthday -- what a joy! The hotel decor/ambiance is lovely, and our room was charming and much bigger than expected. Also, when the hotel staff learned it was my birthday, they sent wine/tulips/chocolates up to my room to celebrate -- what a touch of class! We'll definitely be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
KatieSpidell, Front Office Manager at Galleria Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2010
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to make your birthday a little more special. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff. We hope to see you again soon!

Warmest regards,
Katie Spidell
Front Office Manager - Galleria Park Hotel
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

This is a nice enough boutique hotel not far from Union Square. My room was an interior room and was very quiet. The overhead lighting is stark and unwelcoming, but if you use the lamps, it's a much homier feel. The windows open, which is a nice touch. My room was small, but clean and well appointed. The bed was very comfortable with surprisingly soft sheets. It's a great value, the front desk staff is very helpful and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

We booked off of priceline so our choices to stay out here were limited but we were excited to find out that we would be staying at the Galleria. We stayed here a few years ago while they were under construction so we were looking forward to seeing what has been done to the hotel. We are members if the Joy of Life club by Joie de vivre because we stay often in joie de vivre hotels. The rooms here are small and outdated ... On the website it boasted flat screen tvs ... We have a very old TV .. The worst part of this stay (because I am writing this while sitting in the room) is when I called to ask for a larger bed ... The front desk told me because I booked with priceline this is all they had. I feel like a second class customer here. Shouldn't all customers be treated equal? No matter what company they booked with?

• Stayed December 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Karikarate
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. First, let me apologize for the lack of service you received. This is definitely not the standard we have set for guest service and I have addressed this with the hosts you encountered. We have many guests stay with us through Priceline and we value all guests no matter how they’ve booked. Unfortunately, we were truly sold out the night you were with us, so our ability to change room types was hampered by our lack of availability. That said, how our hosts handled this was not appropriate.

With our renovation 3 years ago, we purchased flat screen TVs. This year we are looking to update to flat panel TVs that will be wall mounted. We are making this change as a result of guest feedback like yours.

I truly appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention so that we can ensure future guests do not have this same experience.

Warmest regards,
Katie Spidell
Front Office Manager - Galleria Park Hotel
Kakinada, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

Me and my senor collegue from India stayed here and participated in AIChE symposium in the city. Room service was prompt and good. Morning coffee and evening wine festival were fine . Hope it is decent hotel for a short stay and economical .
Room was nice and compact enough for twin sharing.

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
podunk, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

The Galleria Park was surpringly perfect for a recent getaway to SF. The rooms are on the small side, but that seems standard in SF. I loved the decor, and although the rooms seemed a tad worn, everything was clean and comfy. We were on the 2nd floor, street side, and weren't bothered by any street noise. I would recommend this hotel to anyone... we will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2010