Grand Hyatt San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
325 Sutter Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
Hotel 32One(San Francisco)
5,101 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationapple storetop floorclub roomfloor to ceiling windowsbay viewconcierge deskcoit towergreat shoppingfitness centercentral locationthe heart of the citycable carvalet parkingfisherman's wharffew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Excellent accomodations, location, check in/out, valet and staff! Beautiful 360 degree view from 35th floor lounge and the rooms are very clean with a modern decor and everything you might need is already in the room, right down to the toothpaste!. Simply a very quiet and comfortable two-day stay with so many good restaurants and shops within easy walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms probably have the best views of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you so much for the 5-star review! Sounds like you had a very relaxing stay in San Francisco! We are delighted you enjoyed the view from our restaurant and the amenity in the renovated guestroom. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

We were not very impressed with the lobby when we arrived. There is major renovation going on and the place is very dark, crowded with no where to even sit down. However, once we arrived at our room on the 30th floor, we were all very surprised. We asked for a connecting room and the front desk staff did try their best (even though it took a long time) to get us one. The view from the room is amazing. The newly renvoated rooms are very modern, trendy and spacious. Also make sure your try their gym, it is on the 35th floor, very modern equipment and excellent view with your work out.
The location of this hotel is also excellent. It is right at union square with lots of shopping, restaruants and cafes nearby. I would not eat at their restaurant and pay $7 for an oatmeal when there are so many different diners and cafes nearby.
Overall we are very happy with this hotel. Only one minor complaint is the $55 per day we have to pay for valet parking. The traffic is in sane in down town with all the renovations they are doing in building subways in downtown. It is actually quite difficult to do self parking.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor, view is stunning
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed our newly remodeled guestroom and the beautiful San Francisco view! Our lobby renovation is at our final stage and schedule to complete by end of this year, it will definitely open up the area and not as crowded. Parking is indeed quite a challenge in down town San Francisco, our parking fee is comparable with other hotels in the area and we feel we provide good value, however, that was not your experience and for that, we are truly sorry.

Your business is much appreciated and thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2012

This hotel is well located, as it is very close to Union Square. It is a couple of minutes walk away from China Town as well, which was very convenient. The rooms have all been recently renovated, and have blinds that open and close at the push of a button....very exciting for the child in you!! However, the room felt quite small (considering you are in San Francisco, it doesn't really make much of a difference).The concierge was very warm and friendly, offering lots of tips of the best places to check out in the city. Overall, a very pleasant stay. We will definitely be returning in the future!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Dear Cookie E.,

Thank you for your review! It is always great to hear our Concierge staff was able to assist with your needs. I'm glad you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel and the upgraded amenity in the guestroom! Please do come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I'll admit - this was my first time staying at a Grand Hyatt. I have stayed at other Hyatt porperties, though, so I had an idea of what to expect. Also, I got the rate through at bidding site, so my reference is a bit biased in that I saved quite a few $$$ from standard rates.

The Grand Hyatt is located just off of Union Square. Chinatown is just steps away, and the Port of San Francisco (which I encourage people to visit) is only a 15 minute walk. The hotel is just down the street from numerous shopping venues, including large department stores. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, clubs, and lounges within walking distance. You're also around the corner from the cable car and other public transportation.

The hotel itself is quite nice. The lobby is somewhat small for being called a "Grand" hotel. It wasn't crowded, though. Then again, I checked in at 4pm. Check-in was fast and efficient with all of my preferences being met (high floor, king-sized bed). The staff was attentive and encouraged me to contact them should anything come up. The hotel has 6 elevators and I never once waited for longer than 2 minutes for an elevator (going up or going down).

The room itself is a bit small in comparison to other hotels in San Fran in this star rating. It was comfortable, though, and I found there was ample storage. There was also a sitting area next to the window and an office space. The bathroom was a decent size and feature a large sink (although, not a deep sink as they were going for aesthetics over function). The colours are burnt orange, browns, beige, whites, etc. Very stylish in my opinion and not overstated. I also found that the room was quite modern, which is part of their revitalization. I was very content with the bed and found I was able to sleep throughout the night without disturbance. During the stay, room service kept the space immaculate and were not intrusive at all. In fact, during my 3-night stay I did not see housekeping once yet my room was always made up in good time.

There was one negative to the room. The room I had faced west. When I arrived, it felt like the room was overheating due to the sun beaming into the room. Even with the a/c running, it was like being outside in the sun and spraying yourself with mist...you can still feel the heat. And even though the a/c was on, I really couldn't tolerate the sun, so I had to put the shades down halfway. It was a shame as the room features floor-to-ceiling windows.

Otherwise, the room was worth every penny. The location cannot be beat. The rooms are comfortable, modern, and clean. The level of attention to detail is very much what I would expect from an AAA Four Diamond hotel.

Even with the issues from the sun, I would suggest this hotel to anyone looking for a great 4-star hotel in the heart of San Fran.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear travelnut2007,

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the amenities in our newly renovated guestroom and the convenient location of our hotel! Sounds like check in was a breeze! I am particular happy to hear compliments on our staffs and our housekeeping team made your room spotless. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

Great experience! Being a Hyatt, I knew that this hotel would be lovely, but it was even better than I expected. First of all, let me say that in San Fran hotel rooms all tend to be small. When you come to San Fran, just expect that to be the case in any of the hotels, so that you won't be disappointed. What's wonderful about this Hyatt is that they make wonderful use of the space. It's clean, crisp and elegantly understated. The rooms have just been renovated and they are truly delightful. I had an amazing view of the city, and it was just the perfect downtown San Fran experience. The lobby is still under renovation, but that's no big deal at all, and the graciousness of the entire staff more than makes up for it. I was checked in by the lovely, Ms. Nikita Smalls, and she was so charming and full of genuine kindness. I was checked out by Steve Nietschke, and I was so impressed by his loyalty to the Hyatt brand and his knowledge about the hotel, Hyatt, and San Francisco. Just a wonderful experience! Housekeeping did an incredible job on our room everyday! I always leave a tip because housekeeping works so hard and they tend to be so under appreciated. My best personal tip for traveling, is if you want your room to get a bit of extra attention, leave a tip each day, don't wait until the end. It doesn't have to be a big tip, just something each day, and you would be amazed at the service housekeeping will provide. Oh, one last thing, the newly renovated gym is outstanding! One of the best hotel gyms I have ever seen. Great equipment, gorgeous views of the city, cool, and comfortable! Security in the gym area was also excellent, in that a bunch of irritating kids (too young, and irresponsible to be in the gym alone) were there banging the equipment, and security called their parents right away and took care of the situation. Great group of people working for Hyatt!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear GriffinCrowley,

Wow! Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are thrilled you had such an awesome experience at our hotel! All of our staffs will be so happy to read your comment and that is what make us strive for the best each and everyday. Our lobby renovation will complete by end of the year and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours,