I had the opportunity to visit this hotel yesterday and WOW! The remodel of public areas appears complete and it was jaw dropping!
I've stayed in one of the remodeled rooms (which was very nice), but hadn't been to the hotel since its public areas were remodeled. The new restaurant and lounge are now on the 2nd floor mezzanine and it creates great buzz. So smart - very hip, but not in a creepy "we are trying to be a club" feel. I didn't try the restaurant out yet (I peeked in), but the lobby lounge was great. The restaurant and lounge are separated by a long walkway that is a wine cellar of sorts. They are open to exterior windows so you see the city and it creates great energy. I can't wait to go back! I don't know what they are going to do with the old restaurant and lounge on top floor, but they were rather sad and needed to be retired anyway.
The concierge desk is smartly placed, new seating in the lobby for guests is great with a cool fireplace. There are video screens everywhere - showing tranquil scenes. Even the etching on the glass of San Francisco map is totally cool. The stone flooring, warmth of wood ... it all works beautifully.
I loved the front desk ... it is just a collection of counters with laptops. Super inviting.
The staff were all very welcoming - they must be excited to have this total revamp.
And the doorman looks like a doorman (maybe he had same uniform before, but I don't think so.) It really felt like everything had been revamped. It feels like a brand new hotel! The outdoor planters are wonderful and welcome you as approach the hotel. It used to be drab (and that is being generous).
Now the hotel inside and out is alive and inviting.
I really was blown away - and you will be too. It truly is a "grand" hotel now!
Bravo! I highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt