“Great location, great hotel!”

Grand Hyatt San Francisco
Ranked #37 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We recently went to San Francisco just for the night. We packed in two days of activities and loved coming back to this hotel as home base. The location couldn't be better! The room was very nice and included a night shade remote by the bed so you can make it dark whenever you want. Also in the City I worry about noise coming through the room from the street. This wasn't an issue. It's such a solid, nice hotel with nice rooms and thick windows :) I didn't need my earplugs.
The valet parking guy was a little snooty that we opted to park in their self park lot across the street but whatever! It saved us about $20.00 or more I think. The hotel check in staff were very friendly. The view from our room was wonderful, we opted for the city view room.
I don't think you can go wrong staying here!

Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed 23 November 2013

I completely recommend this hotel. I recently stayed here 2 nights on a business trip where the conference was held in the hotel on the 36th (top) floor. The views from the top were EXCELLENT! My room on the 18th overlooked Union Square. The room was well appointed and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Loved the bathroom, the closet and the work/desk area. Staff was excellent and friendly. I did not eat in the restaurant or drink in the bar, and why would I when I'm in the heart of San Francisco. I will stay here the next time I come to San Francisco.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear SantaFeRat,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and took the time to write us a review. The panoramic view of San Francisco from the 36th floor is definitely stunning and sound like you enjoyed the Union Square view from you room too! That is great to hear! Your compliment on our staffs is much appreciated and I'll be sure to share with them. Look forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed at this Hotel a few years ago and it was a very nice experience. After the $100 Million Modern renovation, it is really only caters to Business travel. Not really a place to bring your kids. I booked an "Executive Suite" in Advance with the Hotel. When we arrived we went to our Suite and I noticed there were no roll-away beds for my two children to sleep on. Even after it was confirmed before we arrived. The manager on duty was rude and indifferent. She informed me that it is a fire hazard to have 2 roll-away beds in the Suite.Even AFTER this Suite was confirmed weeks before we arrived. Now mind you, I have stayed at many other Hyatt Hotels and "Executive Suites" are large with ample room for a family. BUT, NOT AT THIS HOTEL. I finally got through to the director of rooms and after a long redundant conversation they worked with me...FINALLY. So again, I am NOT staying here with my family anymore.

Room Tip: Good luck with any rooms you book at this Hotel. It is situated on a good location for shopping and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JDPMiami
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We spent a weekend at the Grand Hyatt on Union Square and were absolutely impressed by our room and the service we received. We were familiar with the so-so hotel prior to the major renovation they made and all we can say is that it is a night and day difference. The decor is now modern and tasteful and the staff were wonderfully accommodating for a wonderfully enjoyable birthday weekend. The lounge in the lobby area featured great appetizers, decent drinks, and the live music featured there was some of the best I've ever experienced at a hotel chain. Hyatt made a big investment in upgrading this property top to bottom and it clearly shows. Now when I want to get a room in San Francisco at Union Square, this is my new go-to place.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view overlooking Union Square, especially if you're visiting during the Christ...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear APR562,

Sounds like your weekend getaway was a fun and enjoyable one! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Many of our guests are impressed with the renovation and glad you like it too! Andy Kong, Sam Johnson and John Vicino are all amazing and talented artists and great to hear you enjoyed their music. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The location was good, near Union Square and good for shopping and dining, everything in walking distance. Only about 15 minutes from the airport (in good traffic). The room was clean and modern, the staff were friendly. It was a very busy hotel. We ate in the restaurant which is where the experience declined, not a great selection my meal was average and my son was not impressed - we had to go and find a snack afterwards!! Parking was expensive, but that is normal for San Francisco as parking is very limited in the center. Overall a good time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cruisesww
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here in October for 5 nights on the 1st leg of a trip.
Pretty nice hotel with a good bar that serves good food, rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable and the concierge were helpful. A great base to explore San Francisco from.

Room Tip: try to get a room about the 14th floor for good views
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Fantastic location - middle of Union Square facing Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc.
Fantastic staff - everyone was so courteous
Fantastic food choices
Just a lovely hotel option, had a great King size room facing Macy's/Union Square. I would definitely stay again if I could in San Fran.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JahnayMaryland

Dear JahnayMaryland,

Thank you for your review. Great to hear your stay was Fantastic! Look forward to welcoming you back soon!