Nothing to have as a downside. Was not a bargain, but San Francisco hotels are pricey any way. A short walk from the BART stations Powell St and another one. Wondered whether it would be easier to get into town by taxi with big suitcases, but didn't need to worry about that. Pulling along big suitcases was no problem for the short walk from the station, and there's a lift from the station floor to the street on ground level, so you won't have to carry it, and the BART wasn't too crowded either. Room was nice an spacious enough, had a great view overlooking the Square, just as the reception staff promised with a great warm smile. Plenty of nice places to pick up breakfast at beside, and a lot of shops and restaurants open till late at night in a very safe looking neibourhood. One small regret is that I didn't get more of Ghirardelli's chocolate squares at a great bargain at Walgreens! Did the Big Bus hop-on-hop-off as well, that we started from the Square as well. China-town was just a few blocks away and just a short stroll.
All in all, I think it was the 'niceness' of the staff that made this hotel a really nice place to stay. They really made me feel welcome without overdoing it or being too posh about it. They even have yoga mat rentals (for free I think, but don't quite remember), if you want to join the San Francisco locals with keeping fit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt