Grand Hyatt San Francisco
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
325 Sutter Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
The Orchard Hotel(San Francisco)
Hotel 32One(San Francisco)
5,101 results
All reviewsunion squaregreat locationapple storetop floorclub roomfloor to ceiling windowsbay viewconcierge deskcoit towergreat shoppingfitness centercentral locationthe heart of the citycable carvalet parkingfisherman's wharffew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay for a city getaway. Located right in the heart of Union Square, there is ample shopping and dining opportunities within walking distance.
The hotel staff is friendly and very professional. Valet & Bellmen service was excellent. Our room was well appointed and extremely comfortable. The view of the city from our room was amazing! I loved looking out at the surrounding architecture.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mecruz
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us last year. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights of our honeymoon and enjoyed our visit.

The location was great and it was easy to navigate the city from the hotel. It's a shame that the roof top bar was closed and being refurbished as a conference centre as many people said to us that the best views of the city had previously been from the bar.

We ate in the hotel on one evening, just having pizza as most of the dishes were beyond our budget. The pizza was good but there are so many great restaurants nearby that it was more appealing to eat out.

Despite leaving a decent tip for the maid every day we didn't have our tea/coffee tray replenished unless we specifically asked which was a little disappointing. I've never had this in a hotel before, usually it is replenished as standard.

The toiletries were nice and the room was a generous size with a great view. The closet was huge and the fridge was a good size also.

The phone charges were extortionate - three times as much to phone the uk as any of the other hotels we stayed in on this holiday!! And the info for costs wasn't easy to find which was frustrating.

So, overall the hotel itself was great - very attractive, great location and very clean. However I felt the service was a little lacking and additional costs were too high.

I would recommend the hotel due to the positives but would recommend eating out, leaving notes for the maid if you want your coffee replenishing, and avoid using the phone.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Myles1980
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The hotel was what you would expect of a 5 star hotel. Location perfect just off Union Square. Greeted by staff as soon as we pulled up to help with luggage and direct to check in was courteous and efficient. The relaxed style of check in and foyer was different but a little messy. The room was clean and size was good. All toiletries and linen were of high quality. We had a room on the 34th floor over Easter and access to the club room on the 32nd floor. Of course it was a busy time so the club room was overflowing with people therefore my rating in lower. The size of the room was not adequate for the amount of people wanting to use it. Sharing tables, waiting for a table and the whole hustle and bustle defeats the whole purpose of a club room. The food selection wasn't great. Minimal. If the club room is not included in your package I wouldn't up grade.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Petina R
Reviewed 24 April 2014

First person I met was a wonderfully kind and humble gentleman named Lalit (la-leet). He had a gentle soft smile that let me know immediately I was in good hands.
He helped me out of my taxi, collected my bags and off we went into the hotel. When I went to tip him, all I had in cash was a twenty and a single one. He saw my embarrassment and said, "a dollar is fine ma’am please don’t worry about it" and quickly left to go attend to more arriving guests.
Lalit and the staff at Grand Hyatt are attentive, professional and extremely eager to create an enjoyable experience for the guests.
Check-in is three art deco kiosks, so they’re not standing behind a stuffy desk away from you. It's an up close and personal experience, as if to imply we’ll be here.
The kiosks were decked out in all the technological fanfare necessary to process your reservation quickly and efficiently. They even had a person push the button for the elevator for me and again stayed right there until it came, held the door as I entered, chatting me up the whole time (awesome service). My accommodations were on the 33rd floor, fantastic view of town and the bay. I couldn't help notice the TV display said, welcome Renda so and so. I grinned and thought to myself; AHA, trying to enter my psyche, with the whole name in lights trick (clever); they already had me at hello.
The room is very tastefully decorated in understated elegance. The Grand is huge on technology. YES, I had a learning curve on the TV. The focal point of the room of course is the room length, floor to ceiling window which had a motorized shade (me likey)! At first I could not figure out how to raise the shade on the window so I looked around the room and discovered next to each bed are buttons for the lights and shade.
This may not seem like much in making someone happy but it's the little thoughtful things that make your stay more pleasant. I started taking pics of the room like I had never been anywhere before, I’m goofy!
This is a business trip, I’m only here for one evening, but I would definitely pay to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ressie123

Dear Value Guest,

Wow! Thank you so much for your detailed review! We are thrilled you had such an awesome experience at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco. Sounds like you enjoyed all the in-room amenities and our redesigned lobby! I'm particular happy to read your comment about the service provided by our staffs and I'll be sure to share your review with the entire hotel. We hope you will come back and visit us again and stay for a longer period next time!

Warm regards,
Tiffany

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone for its great service and value. This was our first trip to San Francisco and opted to stay at Union Square for the great upscale shopping and proximity to better restaurants in the Union Square area which are quite literally right out the front door. We do not enjoy really crowded touristy areas such as the Fisherman's Wharf. We did not regret this decision. We did spend much time at Fisherman's Wharf which is a slow trolley ride away. The trolley's are hard to catch if they are full so be patient. The hotel was clean and updated. We consulted with the concierge daily and they were friendly and efficient in grabbing restaurant reservations, car service and Giants ballgame tickets. I would absolutely recommend this hotel. We routinely stay in five star hotel such as Ritz-Carlton and Mandarin and I would say although not quite as luxurious, this hotel provides a better location and value.

Room Tip: Grab a bay view room (all above floor 23) it is worth the extra money with stunning views. Unlike some cities the bay view rooms will afford you views of not one, but several key city landmarks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank WSoonatt
TiffanyLKT, Manager at Grand Hyatt San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear WSoonatt,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco! We are delighted you enjoyed the ideal location of our hotel and glad to hear the Concierge team was able to assist you with your needs! Your recommendation is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Warm regards,