Arrived at hotel on a Sunday morning and able to check into room immediately.Very nice! Bellhop was very helpful and got us setup quickly. Our stay included Grand Club which gave us food and drinks evenings and mornings. This is a huge plus for traveling with 8 yr old and a teen. The staff at the Grand Club went out of their way to welcome us and remember our names.
We stayed in a double room on the 31st floor with a view great of north/northwest San Francisco. Blinds worked great to keep out the sun and even though there was construction going below us in the Union Square area it wasn't an issue for our family. We ate at OneUp, the hotels nicely appointed restaurant, the food was well cooked and the staff was friendly.
The hotel is close to every kind of shopping imaginable and the main transportation hubs are within walking distance. (5-10 blocks) We used cabs, subway and street cars which can be interesting until you figure out where to go but we found help when necessary.
While in town we visited a Giants game, Alcatraz, biked from Golden Gate Park to the bridge as well as shopping and the hotel gave us a central location to do these activities.
I would stay at the hotel again if on business or I needed a centralized location for shopping etc. but I probably would stay farther away from the city if we visit again with the family. This isn't a negative reflection on the hotel but only because we don't need the nightlife scene, etc that SF's downtown provides.
Room was small but nice and provided a nice clean bathroom and comfortable beds to rest at night. The staff at the Grand Hyatt are very kind and professional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt