Grant Plaza Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orchard Garden Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Room Service
SF Plaza Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Free Internet
Hotel Triton(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Hotel des Arts(San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 32One(San Francisco)
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
325 Sutter Hotel(San Francisco)
View Hotel
Taj Campton Place(San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are smallchinatown gatecheap hotelfew blockswalls are thincable carcentral locationfisherman's wharfsfbartcars
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Nice, older hotel. Older. Rooms were quite small but clean. A little TLC wouldn't hurt. Although there is some street noise, the rooms are quiet. There is no air conditioning, but there was a fan in our room. Decent enough, budget friendly place if you want to be in Chinatown.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2CAPs
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our Honeymoon. We drove a rental car from Tahoe. The parking was a little expensive, but it is everywhere in the city. We parked and used Muni and cable cars to get around. The hills in town were very steep all over. No AC in the rooms,but not many places had it.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in room 303 with twin beds for 3 nights. The hotel is centrally located in Chinatown within walking distance to the Powell Street BART station. It is also possible to walk from the hotel to Fisherman's Wharf. The room and the bathroom are smallish but for the price of approximately $110 a night, this place is really value for money. There's no fridge, air conditioning or coffee maker in the room but the hotel offers free coffee in the lobby between 6:30 and 9:30am every morning. There's also free wifi in the room which was nice. The hotel staff were helpful. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Free D
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I recently stayed here with my family for 3 nights. Firstly, if you decide to make your own way from the airport then be prepared for a bit of a trek! This hotel is in China Town, which is about 10 minutes walk from the station, and on a very steep hill (made even worse by having to pull your luggage behind you!). My partner and I were fine, but no so great for my mother!

The hotel in is a fantastic location, and most places are easy enough to walk to. If you do require a taxi, do not book one through the hotel. We were quoted $30 for a taxi to Fishermans Wharf. The next morning we waited for ages for our pre booked taxi to show up. As we had Alcatraz tickets, we were short on time so decided to flag one down instead. Not only did we have one within seconds, it only cost us $15 including a tip!

The rooms were ok although in need of some TLC. The beds were fairly comfortable which I was surprised at. Our shower was also decent- running really hot which is needed after a cold day in San Fran! My mothers experience was a little different. Her shower was luke warm and barely had any power. When we asked the guy on reception, he said he'd get it looked at whilst we were out for the day. When we returned he said it had been fixed. We tried it in the room and couldn't get it to work so the guy from reception came back up with the maintenance guy. After a bit of messing around, they could get it to work, however told us there was a 'knack' to it. We tried for awhile and couldn't get it working so my mother and sister ended up using the one in our room. The reception guy was quite rude with us as we couldn't get the 'knack', and not apologetic at all.

When we checked out, we were charged a few dollars more than what I had booked online. When I asked about this, no answer could be given, and even though I showed them the price I'd reserved, they still proceeded to charge me extra??!

Overall the Grant Plaza experience wasn't a good one, but we weren't in the hotel for a long amount of time. The location couldn't be much better and is the main selling point to his hotel. The rooms were as you would expect for the price, but would've been a little nicer though if you felt like you mattered to the staff instead of a bit of an inconvenience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank djr2016
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Room was clean but very basic. No a/c (not needed in sept), sheet was torn, desk staff couldn't recommend a restaurant outside of Chinatown. Location cannot be beat. Desk was very friendly.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013