First the good things. Location. This hotel is located a block inside the Chinatown gate. This was a great location, pretty central to attractions. We do a lot of walking when exploring a city, so it was nice to be able to walk to Union Square, Little Italy and transportation. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Before we arrived, we called and asked for a quite room and was given one on the backside of the building. The window was frosted, so there was no view to see. As for the room we had. We were not very impressed. It was clean, but that was the only good thing. The room was very small and dated. There was only a double bed, a very small desk and chair. We stayed for 4 nights and had to live out of our suitcases since there weren't any drawers to put our clothes in. No central air, the window is your air-conditioning. For the most part this wasn't a problem the room was cool enough. The bathroom was big enough, but the shower was tiny. Ladies, it's not easy to shave your legs when you have to twist into a pretzel to make it happen. The floor was clean I'm sure, but it was so old that I didn't feel comfortable walking on it without shoes on. The room was quiet from street noise, but inside noise was quite annoying. The wall between us and another room was so thin I could hear the other couple talking. I couldn't make out was said, but it was quite loud. We had a kid upstairs that liked to run around the room and jump off the bed. That's not the hotels fault I know, but it would have probably been less noisy at a newer hotel. I have read that they do have some updated rooms, so I would ask for one of them if booking this hotel. If we could get an updated room, we would consider this hotel again for the price and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grant Plaza Hotel is a limited service boutique hotel located in the heart of the city. It is recommended by many travellers as one of the best valued hotels in San Francisco. The hotel is conveniently located at the gateway to Chinatown, 3 blocks from Union Square, and within easy walking distance to many fine restaurants and theaters in this exciting city. It is also only 1 block to the famous San Francisco Cable Car line, the Bank of American Building in the Financial District and the 5 stars Ritz Carlton Hotel in Nob Hill. It caters to both business and pleasure travelers, and is the perfect place for a vacation getaway. The Hotel has just a completed renovation in 2015. The comfortable guestrooms are appointed with contemporary furnishings, and have recently been renovated for guest convenience with hairdryer, electronic keycard lock and free (WiFi) high speed internet access. The professional and attentive staff at the hotel will ensure that all guests are well taken care of. If you're seeking comfort and affordability all in one, this is one of the best value hotels in San Francisco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grant Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grant Plaza San Francisco
- Hotel Grant Plaza
- Grant Plaza Hotel San Francisco