Stayed during the first week of August, 2011. The location is excellent - across the street from a cable car stop and walking distance to many restaurants and shops. Our room was in the second / back side of the hotel with a view of rooftops and other buildings. Room was comfortable, but a little hard to get to because of the various stairways we had to navigate. The concierge was terrible. I called ahead of time to get restaurant recommendations so I could make reservations - no one returned my calls. After checking in we went to the concierge desk to ask about restaurant recommendations and were told "I don't know what you like so how can I give you a recommendation" - nice. We ended up asking the gentleman at the front entrance and were given two wonderful places and the best way to ge there. Other than the concierge, the rest of the staff were nice and helpful, but we probably won't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Handlery Union Square Hotel is located in the heart of San Francisco's Union Square, within walking distance of world class shops, the Moscone Center, and the Powell Street cable car line. All 377 rooms feature wireless Internet access, mini refrigerators, and in-room safes. Enjoy traditional accommodations in the Historic Section or luxurious, oversized rooms in the Premier Section. The hotel features on site valet parking, an outdoor heated pool, sauna, and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Handlery Union Square Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Handlery Union Square San Francisco
- Hotel Handlery Union Square
- Handlery Hotel San Francisco