Handlery Union Square Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
Hotel G San Francisco(San Francisco)
Hotel Stratford(San Francisco)
Villa Florence(San Francisco)
Foleys Inn(San Francisco)
  • Pool
4,181 results
All reviewshistoric sectionunion squaredaily grill restaurantpremier sectiongreat locationpremier roombreakfast voucherso'farrell streetolder partcable carheated poolbreakfast was includedour honeymoontravel agenthop on hopstayed here for nightscentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Quiet room and great location. The hotel is a bit tired and the lifts are quite old. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. The bathroom was quite small. However this is expected for a hotel of this age. There are many nice restaurants nearby. Overall I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AndrewP_Aust
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon and loved it! On arrival the concierge arranged for a bottle of wine to be delivered to our room. We received complimentary breakfast each morning and hardly had to wait for it to be served. Great location and staff were friendly. Only downside was our view from our room, looked into a courtyard, but this didn't bother us as we didn't spend a lot of time in our room anyway.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I like the location of Handlery because it's close to restaurants and shopping area. The building itself is very old. Rooms are separated into 2 wings. The historic wing and premier wing. After reading the reviews here, I insisted on premier wing when I booked the hotel.

The room is spacious but a bit dark. Also, I find a lot of dust in the table. I can feel and see that the room is not that clean. I figured if the table is dirty, all the more the other areas of the room not visible to me. I wiped the study table but forgot to wipe the side table. After clean up service the next day, the dust on the side table was still there. The toilet can also benefit from a little upgrade. It's has a small bathtub with the toilet bowl right beside the tub. The sink is outside the toilet.

Overall, I can say it's just ok. If your standard for hotels is not very high, Handlery would be good. On the other hand, the staff are very nice, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate5142014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We just returned from a 10 night stay here. I had previously stayed for 2 nights last year and enjoyed it. Despite that I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews of the historic rooms here, wondering if it the room I had previously had been a fluke. I needn't have worried at all.

I had booked a twin room in the historic part of the hotel. On arrival, as we were staying for so long the receptionist said that she was make sure we had one of the larger rooms. It was superb. There were two separate areas, so it was almost like having two separate rooms, each with their own TV.

Yes, the view from the historic rooms isn't amazing and the bathrooms were a little small, but the rooms are very comfortable, clean and the staff in the hotel were polite, very helpful and were happy to provide extras like a kettle. We also made full use of the pool.

The main thing with this hotel is the location. You really can't beat it. Everything is on your doorstep when exploring the city. I will very likely be back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly E
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The Handlery is beautifully positioned across from Union Square close to shopping and restaurants, and you can jump on a tram to Fishermans Wharf for tours. Excellent service, and large comfortable and clean rooms. My wife and I will definitely be going back

• Stayed: June 2014