“Wonderful Hotel, quiet room, near the Bay Bridge and the wharf”
Review of Harbor Court Hotel

Harbor Court Hotel
Ranked #51 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pasadena, California
“Wonderful Hotel, quiet room, near the Bay Bridge and the wharf”
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed only one night at Harbor Court Hotel but plan to return. Our room was cozy and clean and so very quiet! I asked for a quiet room and got one looking onto a rooftop, and it was so quiet, I slept like a baby! The bed was so comfortable and bedding so soft, both my husband and I were impressed. We enjoyed being within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf and the Cable cars. On Saturday morning there was a huge farmer's market on pier across from the hotel, we took our hotel to-go coffee and snacked on the samples for breakfast. We enjoyed seeing the dogs of other hotel patrons in the lobby. The staff was so helpful and friendly. There were delicious cookies in the lobby in the evening, and coffee and tea in the morning. The hotel was beautiful as well. We loved our Harbor Court experience and hope to return soon!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 July 2010

This is well located for walking to AT&T Park and our room had an outstanding view of the Bay Bridge, the bay and the Embarcadero. Service was very good from the manager to the front desk to the maid. The room was rather plain, but the lobby is an alternative spot to relax (and drink free sangria in the late afternoon). All in all, very satisfactory and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Spent 6 days at Harbor Court as it's the second time I've stayed at a Kimpton Hotel (the other was Hotel Monaco in Baltimore). I'm impressed with how Kimpton has taken historic and unutilized properties and turn them into very comfortable hotels with excellent service and appearance. This place is tucked about 10 minutes from where the Giants play and I had a bayside view with all the sights and sounds. The front desk staff was very accommodating, welcoming, and professional. The hotel decor is very nice with flat screens in the great room area (Wii included). There's a Manager's Wine Reception each evening with area wines highlighted and a peach sangria to die for! Each night at 9pm freshly baked cookies and milk await guests. The room was very clean and comfortable but extremely small. I understand that the building was once the lodging area for the adjacent YMCA (that explains it). Though small, the rooms were equipped with Ipod dock/alarm clock, wardrobe to hang clothes, very small flat screen tv, cordless phones, and nice desks/night stands. Bathrooms are just as small but well decorated and with nice amenities. Housekeeping staff was very good and attentive. Ozuma and Perry restaurants are right next door (great japanese and american cuisine respectively - though I was a bit disappointed with Ozuma's Sushi --- its more like the place where yuppies gather for happy hour to mingle). Hotel is only an 8 block walk from Westfield Mall and the main downtown area. Only issue for me was the $10 daily use fee for the YMCA gym next door. While it's a well appointed place, it's just way too crowded. I think everyone who works/lives nearby uses the place. All in all, I'd stay here again when I'm in SF on business as it's a great break from the chain facilities.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Harbor_Court_Mgr, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2010
Dear bogeyboi,

Do you want to do marketing or public relations for me? Your review was so comprehensive and informative. I really could not have said it any better myself.

The only other things I would add are we are serving iced coffee in the morning and Arnold Palmers in the afternoon during the summer. Both of these choices of beverages have been extremely popular.

I hope we will see you on a future visit to San Francisco and I hope you will check out some of our other hotels.

Regards,
Jason
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2010

This is my second time here - love it. The location on the water is awesome, close to subway access and cabs and restaurants. The Ferry Building food market is across the street. Love that when I come down in the morning there's good coffee, in the afternoon lemonade & iced tea, in the evening wine, and at night fresh baked cookies. Rooms are awesome - clean & stylish, super comfy beds. Best of all it's my favorite thing - a very cool upscale hotel without any pretense. Only thing - don't use the YMCA that's attached, it's kinda um... not good.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Absolutely one of the most memorable trips I had involved this hotel. It was also a much higher price than I usually spend on a hotel, but it was to celebrate my husband's 30th Birthday. The extra money on the view of the bay was worth it, amazing day and night. It was a great location to the Ferry building, AT&T park, walking to coit tower and more. Staff was very nice, and provided us with wine from the evening reception we missed. Our dog loved the place as well and one of the main reasons I chose this place is because they didn't charge extra for our small dog. We chose to park in the garage near Yerba Buena gardens ($32 for 24 hours) I would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This was my first time at a Klimpton hotel, but I was very impressed from the first time I walked into the lobby. My wife and I stayed one week for a vacation in San Francisco.
The staff was very helpful in directing me to public transportation (only a short walking distance to train, bus, or light rail). The lobby was vibrant with wine tasting, cookies/milk each night, and even a Wii game console for guest to play some nights. While the room could be a bit larger, it was nicely appointed with a great view of the Bay. I would recommend paying for a Bay View Room. My only negative is the lack of a fitness center and the $10/day charge, but the YMCA adjacent to the hotel offers everything you wouild want in a fitness center. Overall, a fine choice from Kimpton.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Harbor_Court_Mgr, General Manager at Harbor Court Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Dear gcmilburn,

We are honored that the Harbor Court was your first Kimpton Hotel. I am not sure how you found us, but I am glad you did.

Thank you, also, for posting the pictures. We have a whole section on our website dedicated to pictures and virtual tours of our rooms, but it is always nice for people to see photos from recent guests.

We feel very fortunate that some of our rooms have an unobstructed view of the Bay Bridge and Treasure Island. Even if you do not get one of the rooms with a view, you can just step outside our back door and experience the same thing. I feel like it is a win-win.

The YMCA typically charges a $15/day fee for day passes, but they discounted that to $10 for our guests. What they offer is not what a typical hotel gym would offer. They have a swimming pool, basketball court, locker rooms and a whole floor of exercise equipment which overlooks the bay.

Thanks, again, for posting such a helpful review and we hope you come back and see us again sometime.

Jason Stone
Concord, CA.
Reviewed 4 June 2010

What a great find! We had a "getaway weekend" in San Francisco over the Memorial Day weekend and as we particularly like Kimpton Hotels we didn't think we could go too far wrong by booking a stay at the Harbor Court. We were not disappointed. We booked a standard room with a queen bed and discovered that we were upgraded to a queen view room overlooking the Embarcadero and the bay and the San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge. As soon as we entered our room we were spellbound by the view. After spending an evening out attending a jazz concert we returned to our room and were met with the scene of the waters of the bay glistening by the twinkling lights of the Bay Bridge. We stood in our room and gazed at this portrait with the room lights turned off. This experience alone was priceless - as they say in the credit card ad.
Our service from the staff was exceptional as we have come to expect from this hotel group. The room was adequately but not overly furnished with hardwood flooring rather than carpeting. Our bed was positioned so that we could look out of the windows to see the view. There was only one desk chair in the room and a couple of more comfortable chairs would have added to the enjoyment as an added comfortable place to scenery gaze or to watch T.V. rather than standing at the window or sitting on the bed. But that criticism is but trivial to the total experience we enjoyed at this property.
Oh yes, there is free wine hour near the lobby in the late afternoon and don't forget the milk and cookies waiting in the lobby when returning from a late night's entertainment.
The hotel is only about a block away from the downtown financial district and the Ferry Building. For baseball fans the Harbor Court is only a fifteen minute walk down the waterfront to the Giant's ballpark. We will certainly stay here again and we will be more than willing to reserve a room with a view.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple