Let's begin with the hotel. If you have to go to San Fran and you don't have $300 a night to spend and you want a very clean and comfortable hotel then this is the place to stay.
It is located 1/2 block from Market street and Mission Street. It is a less than 5 minute MUNI ride down Market to Union Square and a 15 minute ride down to Fisherman's Wharf.
OK, now the downside...San Francisco isn't what it once was. There are bums galore everywhere. They are on every street corner begging for food and money. The city had to go so far as to enact a law that these bums could not sleep on the side walk during the hours of 7am to 10pm so as to not be a trip hazard during the busy times of the day. The city has paper and debris blowing through the streets like a war zone.
If I had one thing to say to the people of San Francisco....CLEAN YOUR CITY UP!! it is filthy. Thumbs up Holiday Inn...... thumbs way down San Fran.
Would stay at the Holiday Inn if I went back to San Fran...But I wont be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the 50onEighth Restaurant/Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $37 plus tax per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn