Our stay at this hotel was due to participation in Push America's Journey of Hope event. At check-in, we were greeted cheerfully and expertly by Mark, and the process was quick and easy. He also took the time to assure a follow-up reservation we had for our daughter for the next night was also taken care of. We were given all the information we would need for public transportation including the cable cars as well as other attractions. Our room was pleasantly appointed with all we expected. It was clean, the furniture very comfortable, and the usual noise from the air conditioning was absent. I happened to have a follow-up question as we were leaving the facility and talked to Darrin, a very pleasant doorman/porter. He was helpful but most impressive was he remembered me and my family during our whole visit. We had breakfast in the hotel and enjoyed the buffet, it being complete with everything from eggs, sausage & bacon to fresh fruit and cereals, juice and coffee. While all this was above expectations, we found the area of the hotel to be in a less than favorable area with homeless encampments on nearby streets, people with appearances and actions which could lead one to believe they may not be in a safe area, and access via a one way street that if you don't know the location, you may find it difficult to navigate to. And while there is on-site parking for a fee, which compared to other areas is reasonable, don't come and expect to fit a large SUV or other oversize vehicle in the garage. While security seemed very adequate, notices are posted to advise not to leave valuables in vehicles. Over all, we would stay at this hotel again when in San Francisco due to the staff, service, and cleanliness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the 50onEighth Restaurant/Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $37 plus tax per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn