I must start by saying after reading reviews on this hotel I was very worried what we would get, I have been to San Francisco three times before so did know that this is not the best of areas but having said that we were pleasantly surprised, we had rooms on the eighth floor and didn't notice any noise like other people had said, the room was basic and clean and the reception area very nice, the staff were all very helpful and no problems, on the down side the parking fee of $42 per night was a bit steep but having said that parking in any major city is going to be expensive once we had parked our car up we used public transport as it is the easiest way to get around in San Francisco. Just around the corner from the hotel you can get the F trolley bus $4 all the way down to Fishermans Wharf where you can buy a muni ticket that you can use on all forms of transport to get you around the muni ticket cost $18 for a day ticket $23 for a 3 day ticket or $29 for a weekly ticket. Yes there are a lot of homeless people around, but we didn't fill threatened even in the night. If you are considering going to Alcatraz book on line in advance the tickets sell out very quickly we were there in July and at pier 33 where they sell the tickets there were boards up saying next available trip end of August shame to miss it. A great place to eat is the Cheesecake Factory, you will find this on the 8th floor of Macys department store on Union Square, best steaks, and cakes to die for. Also another good place to eat is Applebee's Restaurant at Fishermans Wharf cheaper than the Cheesecake Factory but food just as nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the 50onEighth Restaurant/Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $37 plus tax per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball team. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn