InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$297
  • Room Service
Chancellor Hotel on Union Square(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$240
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
US$344
US$327
  • Room Service
Beck's Motor Lodge(San Francisco)
US$356
Official Hotel
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$302
  • Restaurant
Hotel Zoe Fisherman's Wharf(San Francisco)
US$324
  • Pool
US$423
US$329
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$450/night.

US$526
US$494
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Diva(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$236
1,268 results
All reviewscivic center stationcity hallmarket stpublic transportbig cityconvenient locationfisherman's wharfbartsforpheumstarbuckscarscablechinatown
Reviewed 19 February 2006

The Holiday Inn Civic Centre did not meet up to the normal standards of the Holiday inn's. When we arrived we were on the 11th floor which is identical to all the rest of the rooms. We got into our room to discover that it was very small and basic. The rooms had 2 so called 'double beds' which were only a little bit bigger than a single bed and a pull out sofa bed which took up alot of space when open. The Bathroom was ok but the bottem of the shower was all dirty and the toilet smelt and was dirty. The Balcony looked onto the local roads and sub way which didnt look that nice. When driving into the area of the hotel we noticed that it looked very rough. It had alot of disused buildings and there was alot of people living on the streets. When we arrived at the hotel, shortly after we heard a gun shot then alot of police vehicles arrived outside the hotel. This made us feel very cautious when walking on the streets. San Francisco is a big city and you don't get alot of sleep. well it doesn't help when your jet lagged and the beds are uncomftable but still it was very noisey outside the hotel and also there was a party going on in the room next door. I wouldn't reccomend this hotel at all and I think that Holiday Inn should be Ashamed.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank Uttridge
Reviewed 1 February 2006

What a disappointment. We were after coming from a lovely Hotel in Vegas.Nearly died when I saw where we were staying. We were hungry but shop and bar were closed early. We decided to go down town. We went around one corner and decided to come straight back. Alot of homeless!I was actually frightened.The following day there was aman injecting himself outside the hotel. Even though I heard San Francisco was lovely before we went the hotels location shows you another side!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2004
4  Thank noelers2000
Reviewed 19 January 2006

I stayed here only because I couldn't get into my more usual SF hotels because of the Apple show being on - most places were full up!

This place is at the wrong end of the city center for business, meaning either a long walk, muni ride or taxi to get to meetings. The hotel itself is not well set up for business travelers. There is wireless broadband connection, which is OK though clunky to use, but the rooms are laughably organised - the only table for a laptop has no power outlet nearby and there is only a phone next to the bed.

The whole place seems to live in the past - the bathroom especially showed its age - and the list of apologies for things not working on the front desk was a real sight to behold - no swimming pool, no breakfast buffet.... Service in the restaurant at breakfast is slow and erratic.

Not a place I'll be keen to stay in again.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank Inglenook
Reviewed 30 December 2005

Hotel is located 1/2 block from Civic Center BART station. For $72 per night, I got a plain but decent sized room with a California king-sized bed. As a Priority Club member, I also got a full American breakfast free.

The bad: sliding glass door in room lacked weather stripping, and so much air leaked into the room that the curtains billowed. Also, the restaurant tried to charge my room for the free breakfast. When I complained, the courteous front desk immediately removed the charge from my bill. So make sure to double-check your bill.

No problems with homeless and no strikers shouting through bullhorns in the morning, which according to other reviewers was a problem earlier this year.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank LLBean314
Reviewed 8 December 2005

I have spent 6 nights in this hotel in early January. My impression is that:
1. The area is not as bad as many of the previous reviews imply. There are wuite a few homeless, most of whom seem to have some mental illness, but they are not threatening or problematic, even at night;
2. The hotel itself is perhaps showing its age, but the rooms are OK;
3. Good service to Platinum Priviledge Club members (free buffet breakfast, upgrade to club room)
4. Free wireless broadband is a real bonus
5. Only problem is hot water - very patchy, and at times I ended up with a luke warm shower. Not good.
Overall for the price it is good for business. For a pleasure stay (e.g. a weekend) I would look for more.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business