Although this has the look & feel of a business hotel, we found it to be an excellent base of operations for a short family stay in San Francisco. Located in the heart of Chinatown, it's a quick walk to North Beach, the Embarcadero, Market Street/Financial District, and Union Square [at least for us - we're New Yorkers and used to walking!]. There's a large playground across the street in Chatham Square - though it's not in great shape & is frequented by the homeless after dark. Still, it was a good place for our 2 1/2-year-old to blow off some steam.
The bell staff deserve special recognition for being so helpful & friendly - especially to our son. Our room was clean & comfortable - I do recommend asking for an even-numbered room on an upper floor: these have terrific views of Coit Tower and the Bay.
We didn't use the hotel restaurant or room service as there are plenty of good [and much cheaper] dining options nearby. That said, there was a wide variety of fresh-looking items in the breakfast buffet.
I'm fairly loyal to the HHonors program, and this hotel is far superior to the Union Square location both in-terms of accommodation and neighborhood amenities.
The only shortcomings are fairly standard for this type of business hotel: we did not have an in-room refrigerator, and there's no complimentary coffee/tea in the lobby. We had wifi on our phones because we're AT&T subscribers - without gold-or-higher status, you'd have to pay for this. Across the board, Hilton no longer offers any of these basic amenities in their upper/mid-tier properties - it makes them seem stingy...
I'd definitely return here for business or pleasure. For years, I've found it difficult to find a reasonably-priced yet clean & efficient hotel in San Francisco. I think I've found what I was looking for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Francisco Financial District soars 27 stories, offering stunning panoramic views of the city skyline and San Francisco Bay. Located in the historic center of the city, the hotel sits at the crossroads of the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and Nob Hill. You are just steps away from San Francisco's most popular attractions such as Alcatraz, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower, and Lombard Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton