“pleasant experince”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Buzau, Romania
“pleasant experince”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Good location for my purpose,at a very covenient distance from Union Square, Moscone Center,Embarcadero and in the middle of Chinatown.
The room was clean and confortable but a little noisy because it was near the elevators and a little too dark for me but in all it was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
We thank you for sharing this pleasant feedback. Our team appreciates you! We hope that you will return and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is another Hilton Property in which my Diamond status is totally ignored. I work for a major airline and when traveling for work this property ignores my status, unlike most other Hilton properties in which we stay. No ability to charge and earn points for incidentals, no upgrades, etc. This ridiculous and inconsistent policy tells me we need to take our business elsewhere, and the fact that management is aware of the problem and won't correct it merits the rating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John T
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for submitting a guest review. Our team strives to uphold each standard of the Hilton Honor program. We understand how this has affected you. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that we caused. We are very thankful to have the air line crew stay with us, and are committed to continuing this partnership into the future.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Perfect hotel of reasonable price-room comfortable spacious with great staff.Wifi only in lobby that is complimentary.Location more central than expected-most touristy sites accessible by walking distance.People are so well behaved and mannered!!Glad we stopped by for few days before NEw York

Room Tip: Ask for room facing chinatown
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Great! Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Our team strives to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. It appears that our team succeeded in delivering this Hilton Brand promise. We hope to see you again during your next visit to San Francisco.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am staying at this crap box Hilton Hotel in the heart of the Financial District in San Francisco again. It is always something. From awful food to awful management. It is midnight and it sounds like cannons are going off in front of the hotel. When I called to complain about the noise, I talked with a man named Andy Shin. He told me there was nothing he could do and that it was tough crap. I asked for a complimentary breakfast and he told me it was not the Hiltons fault for the noise and he offered no resolution for the noise. They refused to move my room or relocate me to a hotel that was quiet. If you are looking for a good quiet hotel, run from this disaster of a hotel. My night is ruined and the day will not be any better now for any productivity. There have been constant fire engine and police sirens all night since I have tried sleeping. No one that is on staff cares at all. They actually think its funny that I won't be getting any sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mesui P, Front Office Manager at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for submitting a guest review. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. On behalf of our staff, I, sincerely, apologize for any inconvenience that we caused. This review will assist us in improving our response to noise that emanates from outside of the hotel. While we are unable to control the fireworks being set off late at night on the 4th of July, we do have control over what we can do to mitigate the impact upon our guests in the hotel. Normally, our team is very empathetic with each guest. I assure you that our staff does not take your feedback lightly, and we will share your comments to improve our guest experience. We hope that you will return and give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any further assistance.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Although this has the look & feel of a business hotel, we found it to be an excellent base of operations for a short family stay in San Francisco. Located in the heart of Chinatown, it's a quick walk to North Beach, the Embarcadero, Market Street/Financial District, and Union Square [at least for us - we're New Yorkers and used to walking!]. There's a large playground across the street in Chatham Square - though it's not in great shape & is frequented by the homeless after dark. Still, it was a good place for our 2 1/2-year-old to blow off some steam.
The bell staff deserve special recognition for being so helpful & friendly - especially to our son. Our room was clean & comfortable - I do recommend asking for an even-numbered room on an upper floor: these have terrific views of Coit Tower and the Bay.
We didn't use the hotel restaurant or room service as there are plenty of good [and much cheaper] dining options nearby. That said, there was a wide variety of fresh-looking items in the breakfast buffet.
I'm fairly loyal to the HHonors program, and this hotel is far superior to the Union Square location both in-terms of accommodation and neighborhood amenities.
The only shortcomings are fairly standard for this type of business hotel: we did not have an in-room refrigerator, and there's no complimentary coffee/tea in the lobby. We had wifi on our phones because we're AT&T subscribers - without gold-or-higher status, you'd have to pay for this. Across the board, Hilton no longer offers any of these basic amenities in their upper/mid-tier properties - it makes them seem stingy...
I'd definitely return here for business or pleasure. For years, I've found it difficult to find a reasonably-priced yet clean & efficient hotel in San Francisco. I think I've found what I was looking for.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms on high floors have good views.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
It is a pleasure to hear from our guests, especially our Hilton Honor members. Thank you for the generous scores and kind remarks. I assure you that we will recognize our staff and Bellman for their genuine hospitality. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.
Houston, TX
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We arrived early (around 11:30) and checked right in and were put on the executive level with a great view of Coit Tower. Room was comfortable and bed was great. Had a couple little issues with the TV remote and the bathtub stopper, but engineering was up within 10 minutes and fixed them both quickly. This is an older Hilton property, but it has been updated and is a nice property. An excellent place to base from for a fun weekend in the city or as a business hub.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. Get the Bay side if possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for submitting a review. Our management is happy to see that you were able to check in early, with an executive bay view room! The Hilton Brand Promise is to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. It appears that our team succeeded in the delivery of this promise. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here for work and had an average experience. The hotel says Financial District - and it is very close - but I thought it was a little far from that area. However, it is convenient to many places. The room was clean, fairly spacious, and I had no issues. I booked through booking.com and got a very good rate (under $300) compared to other hotels for the same night. However, if I had paid the listed rate I would have been slightly disappointed - I don't think it is a $400+/night hotel, especially when higher quality properties were about the same. I would not hesitate to stay again though if made sense.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank sassii
We appreciate your feedback. Our team is sorry that our service and accommodations fell short of exceptional during your past stay. Management understand your points and will utilize this to better our guest experience. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.