My husband & I stayed at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District the last week of October.... I am a tripadvisor addict before we travel places so I figured I owed it to all my fellow travelers to post reviews from our west coast adventure.
The Hilton San Francisco Financial District has many pros, yet many cons....
~I didn't want to believe the tripadvisor rumors... but YES it is true... the walls are PAPER THIN... actually it may not be the walls... but if you are in a room with an adjoining door to the next room... you are just out of luck!!! celebrating our 1 year anniversary we were accompanied by yelling and screaming and cursing to a sports channel next door... it was amazing, I mean we felt like we were sitting in the room with the guys next door cheering on the World Series... thank goodness they checked out the next morning and our last 2 nights were quiet!
~The Restaurant... we were very excited to eat in the cool retro restaurant... but this sums it up.. there were 2 other tables in the lounge area... we sat down to have a quick drink and some food b/c we were too tired to venture out into SF... 11 minutes after we sat down we got greeted by a server (forgot his name) I asked for a drink list and menus... 4 minutes later we got a menu... 8 minutes later he took our drink order.... 16 minutes later we received our drinks... anyways I won't even continue... lets just say it was the worst dining experience I have ever had!!! I felt so dumb and out of place... "be hospitable" is the hilton motto and yea.... I think that needs to be re-evaluated in the restaurant!!
PROS: (lets end on a good note)
~ The Concierge desk is FABULOUS!! The best I have ever encountered.... ERIC and his staff are awesome! Everytime we encountered Eric he made me feel like I was a queen or something.. They had the best recommendations for dinner and things to do etc... and nothing was too much trouble. I think that the hospitality of the concierge desk staff was 200%.... it truly made me forget my restaurant experience and I left the hotel on a positive note...purely b/c of the concierge...
~Daphne...I never met her but she knows how to get things done and I appreciated that!!
~THE VIEW from our room was amazing!! nothing like i had ever seen before!!! see pics
~Location... we walked to chinatown, walked to union square, walked 4 blocks to catch a trolly to fishermans wharf... good location!!!
~The hotel is beautifully appointed and very clean!!!
AGAIN, beautiful hotel, great concierge staff... great roomservice gentelman... but other areas just need to be worked on.... If I was in San Fran again I would stay at the Hilton Financial District again just to see the concierge staff and enjoy the beautiful views and nicely appointed rooms :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Francisco Financial District soars 27 stories, offering stunning panoramic views of the city skyline and San Francisco Bay. Located in the historic center of the city, the hotel sits at the crossroads of the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and Nob Hill. You are just steps away from San Francisco's most popular attractions such as Alcatraz, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower, and Lombard Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton