Had I been traveling for business, this would be an excellent place to stay. The rooms and hotel have really been designed with the business traveler in mind. The hotel is very modern and stylish and has a comfy bed. This hotel does call itself 'financial district', but it is really more Chinatown/North Beach. It is pretty much the end of the financial district, so you may want to see if it really is close to where you need to be.
Pros: Nice room layout, good bed, GREAT views, newly renovated with all the standard amenities of a 4 star hotel, complimentary Internet and large desk/work space
Cons: Ridiculous parking charges ($50, I lived in S.F. for years, this is NOT standard, park across the street for HALF), slow valet (call way ahead to get your car), not convenient to many financial dist. areas, bathroom was more 3 star (standard), had free soap, etc and pay choice...at a 4 star? tacky!, missing light bulbs, broken iron, unplugged lamps and old TV. Oh, and a rude and unfriendly desk clerk who gave me a double (after asking for a king), and rolled her eyes at me when I returned to switch
I would stay here again, but would park elsewhere and arrive early enough to inspect my room before bed to be sure I had proper lighting and a working iron. If I was Hilton I'd step up my service, this town has a lot of competition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton San Francisco Financial District soars 27 stories, offering stunning panoramic views of the city skyline and San Francisco Bay. Located in the historic center of the city, the hotel sits at the crossroads of the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach and Nob Hill. You are just steps away from San Francisco's most popular attractions such as Alcatraz, Union Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Coit Tower, and Lombard Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton San Francisco Financial District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Francisco Financial District Hotel San Francisco
- Hilton Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Hilton