“Good Location”

Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf
Ranked #85 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

Not the value or service level expected of mtfor the price. Walking distance to waterfront restaurants was nice. It's difficult to hail a taxi here, I recommend calling ahead.
Cleaning staff took my extra towels from my drawer. Rooms are average at best, night desk clerk refused to let me in my room without posting the entire amount of my stay in advance ( against my company card policy). I had to use my personal card and get reimbursed. I was exhausted and did it only because I just flew from NY! I would say pay more and stay elsewhere if you have to go to the financial district each day for work.

• Stayed: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Mamacitax4,

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Nevertheless, we’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced because we did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Very convenient location within walking distance of Fisherman's Wharf and many attractions. Would recommend this hotel. Free wifi. Breakfast not included. Staff pleasant. If going to Alcatraz book long in advance. As it was low season I got a space but I understand that it can get booked up 3 months in advance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was in town for the week on business, but my wife was coming in later in the week and I wanted to change rooms in order to get a view of the Warf, Alcatraz, and the Golden Gate Bridge. I asked Joy at the front desk on of the Beach Building if any rooms were available. Unfortunately they were not, but Joy said she would check for anyone leaving and let me know. The next day I got a call from her that a room on the 5th floor was available and I could move that day. What great service! Its so often the small details that make the difference when you stay at a hotel. The hotel is nice, the location is excellent, and the service is outstanding!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Fantastic location, only 5 min walk to pier 39. 1 block away from cable car station.
Room was okay, king bed. NOISY air con, very noisy in fact. Unit was on the floor under the window sill which took up suitacase space. Most disappointing fact was there was blood on our shower curtain when we checked in!!! about eye level, which was even worse. Not enough towel hanging space, which is bad when they try and make you recycle your towels to save water. We were put from the main holiday inn to the 'holiday inn express' the next street over, about 300m walk. no problems except that lobby wasnt staffed 24/7 so difficult to talk to staff and get information. expensive too, especially after having 4star in vegas for about $50 less a night.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank labby87
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear labby87,

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from housekeeping and for the noisy air conditioning. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 March 2013

The hotel is centrally located in the Fisherman's wharf, five minute walk toward the pier and the cable car start point towards the union square, dropping by china town, lombard street etc. The coastline also offers distant view of the golden gate, few reasonably priced shops and restaurants.
Our stay is comfortable, the only downside is the parking charge for 40 usd for a day! Staff are helpful and accommodating. If you want to explore the city, you are better off taking the cable car which is cheap!

Room Tip: Ask for room on upper floors. it can be noisy at night when people goes out from the bars/clubs at a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Good hotel to stay, remember your are out most of the day so it's somewhere to sleep in a good location with parking so you don't really need luxury. It had everything we needed, coffee an a Danish in the morning from a mini coffee bar and then we were off sightseeing. Staff very friendly , parking at the hotel bit it's approx $45 a day....
Overall I would use this hotel again . Just what we wanted...

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Lake008
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This is an older hotel with big rooms and most of the modern perks available at similarly priced hotels and one can get a pretty good rate with a AAA card.

However, the walls were very thin and the housekeeping staff could be heard throughout my stay in both conversation and the rolling of their carts.

The room I had faced the Holiday Inn Express so I did not have a good view although I only stayed for one night.

This is a huge hotel and the walk to the room from the elevator was likely 1/8 of a mile and would not be good for an older person.

I found the staff very friendly and eager to be helpful in my brief stay here. I might prefer the newer Holiday Inn Express on a future visit for a few dollars more.

Parking is not worth it at $40-45 a day so I turned in my rental car a day early.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo