We have been to San Francisco many times always staying in the Union Square area. We decided to stay at the wharf because we got a fantastic rate at the this hotel. We also thought it would be a more interesting area for the four grand kids, ages 13 to 8, we had with us and we were right. The hotel is the usual hotel. The room we were in could use some updating but there was a flat screen TV. Our room had two double beds and there was still plenty of room to move around. We also appreciated the connecting door to our other room. All the staff was friendly and helpful. There is a little restaurant and coffee bar that sells Starbucks. Every evening there is a happy hour in the bar and the wine, beer, and well drinks were quite reasonable. I can't say enough about the great location. Fast food and higher end restaurants everywhere, two cable car lines within a few blocks, bus line just out the front door that went through China Town and Union Square and the street car a block away that went to the embarcadero and the ferry building. It was also a great area to walk around. We would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Agoda, Southall Travel and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn