This is right on Fisherman's Wharf with all the hop on hop off buses and trolleys right outside the door. It's also only a short walk to Pier 39, Ghiradelli Square and cable cars. We stayed in the new Wharf building so everything lovely and new. Be warned though that there is no mini fridge unless you pay to hire one. It's also in the next block to the main reception so be careful where you park your car or you'll be dragging your luggage all the way. Our reservation sheet gave us the address of the main building on Columbus so we checked in there and paid our parking fee of USD 45.60 then parked the car thinking we were in that building. On checking the map realised that we actually had to cross the street to get to the other building which was no fun with lots of luggage and 2 small children. When we got to the Wharf building we saw that they have their own reception. Would've been nice to be told that from the start! Rooms are fairly standard but quite comfortable. We got a decent rate so were very happy with our stay. There is a Denny's down the bottom of the Wharf building but I don't rate it very highly (standard Denny's food). You definitely don't need a car to stay here and why pay such expensive parking rates. Use the trolleys to travel all around for only $2 and you can even transfer. Avis and Hertz are right across the street so you can drive to San Francisco if you need to and then return your hire car and walk back to your room. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Splitty, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn