Friends had suggested Fishermans Wharf area as a good base and they were correct, hotel really is in the best location for San Francisco Pier 39 and the Alcatraz Cruise (Pier 33), some shopping and loads of restaurants etc. Getting to it was a bit of a problem as we hadn't realised it was Memorial Day so the roads were exceptionally busy, they are busy generally though. Parking is on site, which is good, BUT the $40 per day charge IS NOT - we knew we would have to pay for parking but hadn't expected it to be that steep and it wasn't mentioned on the website I booked through, just said a 'parking fee' SO BEWARE.
Once you get over that, the hotel check in was very smooth, room very clean but room had standard double beds, not ideal when 3 are sharing. We overlooked the pool which was nice but that is at the front of the hotel which, for obvious reasons, can get a bit noisy from traffic. Hubby went to the 'gym' but it really is very small and basic, you won't get a great workout here.
Would recommend it for location and cleanliness, you may find alternatives where the parking charge is not so high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn