We stopped here for three nights during a 4 week trip around the West Coast. The hotel is in an ideal location to see all of San Francisco.
There was a bit of a faff booking in as the room wasn't ready as we had arrived early as we had miscalculated how long the journey to get there on a motorbike would take. We were sent off and told to return at 3pm when the room would be ready. We weren't too happy as we were in motorcycle leathers, they did at least offer to store our luggage until we returned.
We were offered parking at $45 per day plus tax. How they can charge this is beyond me. It was only after walking around that we realised that there are loads of places to park that would definitely cost less than $45, but when you are riding in heavy traffic on roads you don't really think to look elsewhere for other options.
We got back at 2:50pm and were told by a very stern receptionist that the room still wasn't ready. It seemed as if we were asking for too much to get into the room 10 mins early.
There is no breakfast option with this hotel even though there is a 24hr Dennys within the hotel.
What they also don't tell you is if you pay by card, they will hold $100 on your card for any 'sundry' items. This was not mentioned when we booked in & when I checked my credit card account, I found the day after they had taken a further $80, even though the first $100 had not been touched. When I asked the receptionist about the amounts, she said that all hotels 'hold' money against the room in case of room service or similar. But this was the first hotel that did this and we'd stopped in a few by then. The money did eventually go back onto the card, but as we were using a pre-loaded card, it meant that we had to wait several days before the funds were available for us to spend.
All in all, an OK hotel in a good location for sightseeing. However, I feel that it is over-priced for what you get and if you are considering booking this hotel, I'd research other parking options before you get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, IHG, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn