We stayed here as 5 adults in three rooms. There was a conference on at the time of our stay but getting three rooms close to each other was not a problem. We had rooms in the annex which although some people have complained about we felt was actually much better than having them in the main building. It still has its own reception and luggage room and it has an all night Denny's which was very handy after leaving the pub at half past midnight.
Our room didn't have a view but it was clean and of a good size. The beds were very comfortable and gave myself and my partner a fantastic nights sleep. There is no wardrobe but there is a large chest of drawers and a small amount of hanging space by the door. The bathroom is looking a bit tired but it was clean with a good, hot shower. There is tea and coffee and a kettle and a full size mirror in the room which I like to see.
We really chose this hotel because of it's proximity to Fisherman's Wharf and boy was it close! Head out the parking garage, walk less than 5 minutes and you are on the pier looking out into the bay and Alcatraz. You can easily walk to Pier 39 and the pier for Alcatraz.There is a Walgreen's just has you walk out of the parking garage which was handy for stocking up before the day ahead. There several hop on/hop off bus stops round the corner and the street cars (trams) of the F line stops right outside the Walgreen's too. This tram can get you round the pier and to union square and beyond without having to change lines. Be warned though it gets very busy!
For breakfast try the Hollywood Café, Joanie's Happy Days Café and the Beuena Vista Café all around a 5minute walk from our room.
On our departure we had a late flight so we had to leave our bags which wasn't a problem as the annex has it's own luggage room. The bell boy also offered to book our taxi to the airport for us which was a nice touch.
I enjoyed my stay here and so did the rest of our party. It does need upgrading but at the moment it doesn't impact on the quality of stay. If we were coming back to San Francisco I would definitely book here again. The location is just too good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn