There's pros and cons to this hotel and imo the cons outweigh the pros. Pros - the location is good, easy access to Fisherman's Wharf and Ghiradelli Square. The rooms were clean and updated. The beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly. They do have a kiosk that allows you to check in to your airline for your return trip and print outs as well. Cons - there's another Holiday Inn (an Express) around the block. Its similarly priced but includes a small breakfast buffet. This hotel does NOT include a buffet. In fact, the buffet offered is extremely over priced. All their food is overpriced. If you order breakfast the waiter takes food off the buffet, plates it or gives it to the "chef" to reheat or plate up and serve to you like it was prepared in the kitchen special for you when it wasn't. I actually watched it happening. They tell you they have a Denny's on site, when in fact its in a separate building. You have to walk out the front door, around the block to another building. It is technically part of the same hotel, but is separate. If you go out the back door to access Denny's easier, you cannot get back in the same way. You can get into the main building with your room key, but no such access available for the floor door. The cost of the meals at Denny's are very high. Didn't really save to eat at Denny's instead of the hotel. Another con, the walls are thin. We were next to the pool area, which was a bit of a problem with unattended kids running loose. They had a vending machine that took me dozen of attempts to accept my dollars (and they were new and crisp). They do have a gift shop/convenience type store at the entrance. It was nice to get a bottle of water/soda before departing for my day, but it was also pricey and the woman working was a little pushy about trying to sell me souvenirs. Anyway, the place wasn't bad, just really overpriced for what it was and for the amenities offered. Next time, I'd go with the Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn