Completely inadequate internet for what is supposed to be a "conference center". I was actually kicked off the internet without my knowledge for supposedly using too much bandwidth (a video a colleague had sent me.) When I called the front desk to see why the wireless was down it took over 45 minutes to find someone who could figure out what was going on. Apparently anything more than basic e-mail is too much for their system. This was the first night. Once I got into bed I realized that the beds were old and uncomfortable.
The second night the toilet overflowed. A call to the front desk for assistance (I was trying to get ready for bed) lead to nothing for 15 minutes. Then the front desk called me back to see if everything was alright. No---I still had toilet water all over the floor and a non-functional toilet. Oh, he would talk to housekeeping. Uh, thanks. When housekeeping showed up 10 minutes later they had brought a cot. Uh, not the problem. Needless to say another lost night of sleep.
The location is not bad if you're with your family, but very touristy for a single adult. I decided to stay here because I got a deal and wish I had paid a little more to be elsewhere. I would certainly not advise anyone to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn