Part of our holiday consisted of four nights at the Holiday Inn, Fishermans Wharf. The hotel is ok and functional for our needs but is in need of some updating. It does not follow suit of some other Holiday Inn's in other parts of the world. Our room was a decent size with a comfortable beds but just lacked some inviting modern furnishings.
The hotel reception staff were quite helpful and assisted us in printing off some emailed material for us. We did encounter some night time noise from the occupants in the room above. Due to a disrupted nights sleep and the possibility of more, we mentioned this to reception but were advised they could do nothing but move us!! We only had one night left so decided to stick with our room. It does seem that the area becomes a party town on the weekends which is fun to experience but may impact on you if you are wanting a relaxing quiet stay.
The location is good for Fishermans Wharf, the piers and nearby activities, and other tourist attractions. It is possible to explore further afield on foot (which may involve some of those hills!!) ie walking to China Town, Union Square etc, but it does take considerable time and not for the less active person! A good option is to use the open top hop-on hop-off bus 2 day bus tour which has a couple of stops near to the hotel. This makes exploring the entire area, inc Golden Gate bridge very accessible, interesting and easy.
** Top tip for breakfast is the nearby Beach street Grill/Cafe ** It is only streets away and does not not anything special from the outside but it is pure indulgence for a fab breakfast and an extensive menu. The staff are so amazingly friendly and chatty but not too intrusive. Constant coffee top ups too, with 'Peets coffee' which we discovered is just the best! The cafe was used by locals and had a nice relaxing atmosphere. You must give it a try!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn