This hotel is in a fantastic location - close to Fisherman's Wharf itself, near Pier 39, the Alcatraz ferry terimal, short walk from North Beach (Little Italy) and right next to tour bus terminals and cable car terminal.
We stayed in the main hotel and the rooms were clean, spacious and functional. It's good value for money considering the room quality and location.
However, I have two major gripes, meaning I wouldn't stay again. Firstly, please, please, please Holiday Inn, invest in some double glazing for your windows. We didn't sleep very well either of the nights we stayed as there was so much noise outside (shouting/ noise from local bars; car alarms; bin-lorry etc). We know the hotel could't help the noise, but some double glazing would have reduced the sound.
Secondly, if you arrive late you will probably be allocated a smoking room - that's what the receptionist told us when we checked in at 11pm after a delayed flight from Hawaii. Again, not the hotel's fault, but frustrating nonetheless for non-smokers. It really did dampen the start to our holiday as the room really, really wreaked of smoke - even the clean linen was smoke-filled. The hotel were v good at switching our room the following day with no fuss, but had we have known there's a high proprtion of smoking rooms and this was a risk, we probably wouldn't have stayed there.
Hotel staff very helpful and friendly and communal areas very clean and tidy. There's a restaurant and bar in the main building and a Denny's (for all the Brits on here, that's a diner which serves high fat/ fried food 24 hours a day) in the annexe building around the corner - was fine for a much-needed late night meal after along flight.
Would 100 % visit San Francisco again - fantastic city - make sure you check out the fab food in nearby North Beach, a real treat. But would I stay here again? Probably not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For business travel or San Francisco, California vacations, Holiday Inn San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf hotel welcomes you to the Bay City. When searching for top San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, stay in comfort at our full-service San Francisco lodging. Walk to attractions including Pier 39, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise ferries and Ghirardelli Square. Hop on a cable car outside our hotel to visit Union Square, Financial District, Moscone Convention Center, Chinatown and AT&T Ballpark. After exploring the area, retreat to our San Francisco, California hotel to unwind in a room appointed with high-speed Internet access, in-room games and pay-per-view movies. For dining, enjoy a meal at the 24-hour Denny s or head to our Bristol Bar & Grill for a tantalizing meal and a drink. Additional on-site amenities include: laundry facilities, fitness center, an outdoor heated pool with sundeck and secure parking is available for $43 per day. Reserve your stay at our hotel in San Francisco, CA to be greeted with attentive service and superb accommodations in an unmatched locale. For spectacular savings, book a San Francisco travel package or hotel deal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, IHG, Southall Travel, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Fishermans Wharf Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn