This is a great place to stay if you basically need a clean, safe and convenient place to spend the night. We booked two rooms through Priceline and received rates that were approximately 30 % less than booking through the hotel directly.
The self-parking feature cost $38.00 but it was nice to have a secured, covered parking location. We left the car there and rode the cable car to Fisherman's Wharf. You can purchase passes for the cable car (for cash only) at the hotel gift store. For an $11.00 pass, you can ride the cable car all day.
I really liked the pillow menu which allows you to request a certain type of pillow, (down, body length, etc) which are brought to your room for free. I also appreciated the fact that you had to have a hotel key card in order to use the elevator to get to your room.
The view from our rooms (floor 20 and 23rd) were absolutely spectacular. We spent more time just laying on the bed and enjoying the view than we did watching TV...which is unusal for us.
Our rooms were right next to the elevators and yet we were not bothered by elevator noise. The hotel is remarkably quiet overall.
The only complaint we have is that the beds were a bit too hard for our liking and the on-site bar was not open at 11:30 pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour.The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is located in the center of San Francisco, just steps away from the historic California Cable Car turnaround. Located in lower Nob Hill, the Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is near all major attractions: Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf , a few blocks from Union Square and Chinatown, and the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Moscone Convention Center and a couple blocks north of City Hall/Civic Center. The 26-story, 499 room Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway offers fantastic city and bay views. Our tastefully appointed guest rooms begin on the 6th floor of the hotel and all offer flat panel TVs and free wireless Internet access. Cafe' Marlette offers a daily buffet breakfast for quick and easy service, as well as a delicious a la carte menu. Interlude Bar & Grill is a casual bistro and sports bar, with pool tables, and large screen TVs. The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is the perfect location for business or pleasure in thecity by the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, IHG, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn