2,077 results
All reviewsvan nesscable carpolk streetaround the cornercalifornia linecalifornia stoutdoor poolfisherman's wharfcorner roompublic transportmuni passhigh floorday passgreat view of the cityunion squarestayed here for nightsgolden gate
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for family vacation for my birthday and Christmas . The hotel was very clean and spacious . Very closed to the everything. We will go back to stay there again.one block is the tram station. It's nice area and safe. We were happy to picked that hotel to stay with my family.

Room Tip: Anywhere has views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Ru P, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We love to help people celebrate, and we’re happy that you chose our hotel. Thank you for considering us in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I have just spent a week here - our first experience of American hotels. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good service all round. Room good size, clean and very comfortable. Fabulous view across the city from our room. Location handy for the cable car stop, and easy to get into the centre by taxi. Had a fabulous week in the city by the bay - absolutely love the place, it's people and it's atmosphere. Hope to get back one day and will stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ru P, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

It makes our day to hear that the staff were so gracious to you and you wife. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I just stayed ten days at the hotel , the location is great, plenty of nice restaurants walking distance, you can get to fisher mans wharf in about thirty mins walk, my room was really nice, staff helpful. Laundry facilities were good, cost me 5$ to wash and dry my clothes, gym is adequate and pool looked nice! Weather wasn't warm enough to venture out. There is a lovely park ten mins away where I watched humming birds in the morning .

Room Tip: Room 2020 is great, away from elevator and not facing van ness, so quiet most of the time and a generous size room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ru P, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

It sure sounds like you had a wonderful visit. I am pleased that we were a small part of your great experience. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We arrived off a 13 hour flight to be told to go away and come back at three which was check in time, that's ok, we did and then were told to come back at 5. Not good enough!!!!! Complained to manager and we had our room in 5 minutes. Reception desk was so unhelpful and didn't care, manager was lovely. Hotel clean and rooms bright but you have to take transport everywhere. We walked to fisher,and wharf first day then back... Big walk!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We are lucky that the cable car and buses pickup next to the hotel, making it easy to get around. Although I prefer to walk like you did. I’m concerned about the room situation you experienced. It sounds like we were struggling to get the type of room you requested. Clean rooms are often available, but matching those to the guest needs is the challenging part. I’m sorry that were kept waiting longer than you expected.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very nice hotel in good location, on bus route, with easy access to Fishermans Wharf and the Piers, and close to the Tram Station. Very nice room, with 2 beds, and a fridge and safe in the room, always useful.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor with choice of 5 lifts
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your memory of the visit. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and that transportation made access easy for the major attractions.