I've stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years and, for the most part, enjoyed the stay. The hotel is currently updating some areas and dining and the bar have been moved to a function room that lacks any personality. That said my review is based on that included.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were efficient. There is a car parking facility (extra cost), though I had negotiated a two night gratis charge.
Our room was on the 24th floor at the rear of the hotel - being a king grand view room, providing excellent views towards the financial district and Coit Tower, together with a wider area. The room was quite small and two of us had to navigate around each other! The bathroom was exceptionally small. One curiosity was the coffe. There was a coffee maker and four tubs of coffee provided, but just two packs of sweetener and creamer!
We did eat once at the hotel, but it was quite average and their selection of wine verged on the 'plonk' side.
The location on Van Ness Avenue will suit many as its away from the noisy tourist areas. The next street down (Polk) had always been a little seedy, but had many good places to eat, but it seems to have gone downhill over the years, but search out the few good places .
It would be interesting to go once all refurb is ended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a video tour.The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is located in the center of San Francisco, just steps away from the historic California Cable Car turnaround. Located in lower Nob Hill, the Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is near all major attractions: Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf , a few blocks from Union Square and Chinatown, and the hotel is less than 10 minutes from Moscone Convention Center and a couple blocks north of City Hall/Civic Center. The 26-story, 499 room Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway offers fantastic city and bay views. Our tastefully appointed guest rooms begin on the 6th floor of the hotel and all offer flat panel TVs and free wireless Internet access. Cafe' Marlette offers a daily buffet breakfast for quick and easy service, as well as a delicious a la carte menu. Interlude Bar & Grill is a casual bistro and sports bar, with pool tables, and large screen TVs. The Holiday Inn Hotel San Francisco Golden Gateway is the perfect location for business or pleasure in thecity by the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, IHG, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Francisco Golden Gateway Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn