“Convenient and Modestly Priced”

Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #58 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here two nights recently. It is very convenient to Fisherman's Wharf and to transportation to other parts of the city via Cable Car and Trolley. The concierge is very friendly and helpful.

This is an older property that has been updated. The beds are OK for a couple of nights and the shower is nice although the bathrooms are in general kind of small. You don't come to San Francisco for the hotel room though- you come for convenience and this location was great for a family sightseeing trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed for one night and chose this hotel over a cheaper one down the street because of the advertised special. The special as listed on my receipt is quoted below. I booked on AA website using miles which is through price line. When I arrived I was told that because I did not pay with cash it would not be honored even though it was on my receipt. The hotel and Priceline just told me to basically pound sand. Please teach this hotel this is not how you treat customers.

Added Value: Courtyard NFL Package: Includes $20 Visa gift card & Snack Pack ( 2 Pepsi drink products, 2 Bud Light products, and 2 Frito Lay snack products). Must present a valid VISA card at check in for incidental charges. PS I have a visa card:)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sammy778
julia c, Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to San Francisco. We appreciate your business and feedback so I was concerned when I read about your experience when you checked in. I apologize that the staff did not resolve the matter to your satisfaction. The Courtyard NFL Package is a promotion offered through Marriott.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline. Without knowing the details of your reservations it is difficult to determine if you qualified for the promotion. I would like to take this opportunity to make you whole but I need more details about your reservation. I look forward to your response.

Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The courtyard is a couple of blocks walk from Fisherman's Wharf, specifically the more western part of the wharf, Pier 39 is quite a bit further. The hotel is in an urban area, however walking seems safe.

One really nice feature here is that you can forego breakfast, normally included, for points. Parking (valet) is $50 per day, expected for the location, but maddening none the less.

The hotel can use a bit of a facelift, but it was comfortable and convenient, the main criteria when you are out of the room most of the time.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for three nights during our 10 day trip to California this past summer. Great hotel in the perfect location. Easy walk to pretty much anything you want. Fisherman's Wharf is very busy but great fun to see and be around. The room was comfortable and the staff very helpful. We highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penngirls
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were leery about staying in Fishermans Wharf because we had heard it was too touristy but this hotel was s great location for much of what we did. Very close to the cable car and bus lines. The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. Nice guest laundry facility. Enjoyed the manager's reception one night. The Bistro has a decent breakfast with many good choices from the counter service. The hotel was clean and the housekeeper kept our room well supplied. The only downside was the noise from outside. Even though we requested and got a courtyard room based on other reviews there was still a lot of noise from delivery trucks and a bar or restaurant. If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We chose the Marriott for its great location.. Easy walk to two separate cable car terminals, restaurants, attractions, Starbucks, and grocery stores. You really do not need a car here. If you do bring a car, you can park it for about 36 per day.The location can be noisy, but that is all about the Wharf and not about the hotel. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. Good value, all things considered.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I will start by saying I am surprised this hotel is not higher on the tripadvisor listing. I was somewhat worried with the ranking so low. However, the reading of the reviews led me to book anyway. This was such a perfect hotel for the long weekend. The location is great (near Pier 43) and the hotel was a great size, clean, free internet and the staff went above and beyond. You can walk everywhere from this hotel. The breakfast area was nice on the 2nd floor and very reasonable. Although just cheaper to visit the IHOP down the street and use the coupon from the booklet the hotels give you on San Francisco. We did not utilize the parking, but it is $36 a day which was average for what we saw while walking. The rooms are nice size. Room services comes pretty late so you can sleep in. The price was a bit high but I think that is just the cost of all of them in the area. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I would choose a high floor