“Nice location”

Ranked #55 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
Dayton, Ohio
“Nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

PROS:
Price is good for area. Very close to Fisherman’s Wharf and tourist hot spots. Plenty of near-by restaurants and vendors. Clean and safe hotel. Staff was friendly. Enjoyed the stay.

CONS:
None that I could see.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel on our 3-day stay in San Francisco. If you're taking the hop-on hop-off sightseeing tour, this is the perfect place especially if you choose the City Sightseeing tours as their office is just around the corner from the hotel. Our room is bigger than an average hotel room in any major US city. Restaurants and the wharf are just close by and there's a Walgreens a few steps away. You can walk to the cable car station too. Check in is quick and friendly though being a Marriott rewards guest wasn't acknowledged by the front desk unlike in other locations. TV remote wasn't working but dealt with immediately. The concierge did an excellent job booking for our airport transfer. Will be back here if we ever return to San Francisco!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed for 3 nights here on a weekend trip to see the SF 49ers play and walked to almost everything. Fisherman's Wharf, Ghirardelli Square, and lots of restaurants within a few blocks. The location is great and the staff was too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Two of the last three stays at the hotel were a nightmare. One incident involved an emotionally disturbed guest and his dog in the next room presenting a physical threat. The next stay was o.k. The third stay involved a substandard room assignment that was lacking in all areas. As a frequent visitor of S.F and of the Warf Courtyard, I now will have to seek an alternative hotel. Too much has happened at this hotel to risk another stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte D
julia c, General Manager at Courtyard San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Your comments regarding the service you received at our Hotel are very important to us. We want customers to enjoy their stay. First, let us express our deepest apologies. Please contact me at (415) 775-3800 so I can address the issues you experienced. I don’t have firsthand knowledge of either incident. We value your business and want to keep you as a customer. We hope after we have had the opportunity to personally speak with you that you will reconsider your decision to seek an alternative hotel.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We recently made our first trip to California, beginning and ending in San Francisco, with lots of adventures in between in Yosemite, King's Canyon, Sequoias, and the west coast highway from Pismo Beach back up to SF.
We ended up getting into SF late one night with no reservations booked, looking to find a nice convenient place near the Wharf. And did we ever! We called ahead to a few places and Courtyard had room for us with a good rate and a great location. They got us checked in quickly and offered a lot of information on getting around in SF and seeing the attractions. I originally only booked the one night, thinking we may look around and see if there was someplace else we might want to stay. I explained this to Bruce at the front desk (he was EXTREMELY helpful through the whole stay!) and he said it would not be a problem. The next day we decided to go ahead and stay there for the next 3 nights as well since the hotel was so nice and the staff was so great. Every need we had, they exceeded. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with everything. The Valet service was about $15 less than anywhere else we checked.
Edward, their best bellman, could give you advice on what to see, what the weather was going to be like that day, and just about anything you want to know about San Francisco.
If you want a great place to stay, close to the Wharf and all the attractions (walk to anywhere!) and fantastic service all around, stay at Courtyard!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Doug F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff were very welcoming and nice, but the wifi in the room was pretty lousy. Although I connected with it, the signal was really bad and my phone's 3G was even faster. Overall, the experience was really nice. The room was clean and pretty, but there was no view. The other side was a garage and metal bars was the only thing I saw.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lisa B
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I loved the location and set up of this hotel. Nicely appointed rooms. Valet cheaper than most. I can say that everyone on staff except for one member who didn't belong there was excellent and kind. Very sad to say I had an issue with a staff member, I believe his name was Lonnie. I walked in and got in line. I looked at Lonnie and he didn't acknowledge me so I waited in line. Another couple came in and he looked at them and said "I can help u over here", passed me right over. When the people in front of me were done I was pretty upset and let the other front desk woman now helping me know what happened. She apologized offered free breakfast the next morning got my room together and calmed me down very professionally; she had excellent customer service skills. As she's finishing up with us Lonnie decides to walk over and state to me that the couple had been there first. In disbelief of his audacity and not wanting to deal with him I said that's not what happened and proceeded toward the elevator. He then called out that I should have been paying attention. At which point my husband became very upset at the unbelievable situation and asked for the manager, whom went in the elevator with us and did the best she could to calm us down, as we were rather upset. She later reviewed the incident and talked to her staff member and corrected it on our side by comping a free night, which was very nice. We did not see that staff member again for the remainder of our stay and it was a very pleasant rest of the stay. Everyone else that worked there was so nice and professional. This is a very nice hotel and they have excellent staff, just watch out for the one bad seed.

• Stayed June 2014