1,638 results
All reviews fisherman's wharf great location ghirardelli square breakfast buffet gold member within walking distance valet parking cable car two blocks per day would stay here again lombard street fitness center three nights the golden gate bridge coit tower public transportation
Reviewed 21 June 2018

OK, so everyone has their favorite chain. We booked the Marriot Fisherman's Wharf because it is close to the cruise ship pier (27), Fisherman's Wharf (39), Ghirardelli's, and all of the activity you can find along the Embarcadero. There is no need for renting a car as the public transportation system will get you just about anywhere. There is a Cable Car station one block from the hotel, Electric Trolley stations all along the Embarcadero, and busses that we are told, are clean and very safe. Failing those options, I think Uber practically owns the city. We never waited more three three minutes for one. The Marriott is a great place to stay. It has modern rooms that come with wi-fi (free if you are Marriot Rewards), flat screens, modern HVAC, and elevators, security doors to the street that keep out uninvited guests. A simple badge swipe gets you in, and they have a very friendly bell service. Breakfast is offered in the morning, but it is pricey. The desk clerk recommended a few places just down the street that were much less expensive, and located in buildings that provide old fashion ambience. There are also three Starbucks Stores very close by. We cold not have been more pleased.

Stayed: May 2018
2  Thank Peter D
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Peter D,

I am delighted you and your family had a great stay! We truly appreciate the loyalty of our Members, but know we have to earn that loyalty every stay. We hope to see you again on your next visit to San Francisco.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I've stayed here a few times when I compete in a 12k and I'm never disappointed. Rooms are clean and updated. Location is excellent and the staff are always pleasant. The coffee in lobby was a nice touch in the morning. I will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear parkerpug,

I am happy you have consistently had great stays with us. Thank you for choosing us for your stays in San Francisco and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Being a lover of Marriot hotels and a silver member i try and stay at Marriott hotels during my travels whether business or vacation and discovered this one when planning my trip to SFO . There was another courtyard Marriott which surprisingly was more expensive than this one .
We got in early at around 9 am and Lilly and Remy at the front desk was helpful in checking us within an hour . They gave us a room on the 4th floor which was quite spacious and bright . The bathroom was big and the showers were great .
This hotel lived up to its true Marriott standard .
Pros : big rooms very family friendly , staff quite cooperative and ready to help , gave us free water being Silver , wi fi was free
The best part is the property is very centrally located , a bit away from the hustle and bustle of the main street and yet walk able . Nice eating options around .
I would highly recommend staying at the property especially if you are a Marriott loyalist

Room Tip: Inner facing rooms with a small garden view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Pravin T,

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and for choosing our hotel for your family vacation. I am happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our location, hotel, and service. I will share your shout to Lilly and Remy with our team and thank them for a job well done.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We were able to walk to the closer attractions, and take the bus around the corner for the ones to so close. The room was very clean, as well the hotel lobby. The receptionist were always willing to help.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Explorer2212,

I am happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our location, cleanliness and service. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to San Francisco and the feedback.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I live close enough to the Bay to go home the same night, but had always wanted to spend the night as my mom, daughter and I love to explore all the hidden gems in SF. The Marriott Fisherman’s Wharf was perfect! 2-3 blocks down from Ghiradelli Square where we always have to get ice cream, and the same distance to the Wharf and Cable car connection.

Rooms we modern and extremely clean-staff helpful and friendly. Passed a maid on the way out on our excursions, asked for bathrobes and they were there when we returned. Valet parking quick and friendly, buffet breakfast the next morning filling with various choices. We had booked the room with 2 free adult breakfasts included in stay -they through in my daughters free as she only wanted a bagel and juice.

If I had been traveling with friends, I would have hit the lounge/bar that looked comfortable to hang out in.

Well worth the price - great location!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Andy D, General Manager at San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Mellomom2016,
I am delighted you had a great stay and thank you for choosing us for your staycation. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to take care of your requests and that you enjoyed our location. I hope to see you again.