San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$208
US$187
Mystic Hotel(San Francisco)
US$185
US$155
MysticHotel.com
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$235
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rex San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$170
  • Restaurant
Hilton Parc 55 San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$209
  • Bar/Lounge
InterContinental San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$203
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
US$288
  • Fitness centre
US$512
Hotelpower.com
1,531 results
All reviewsfisherman's wharfgreat locationghirardelli squarebreakfast buffetwithin walking distancevalet parkingper daytwo blocksshort walkcable carlombard streetwould stay here againfitness centercoit towerthe golden gate bridgepublic transportationthe financial district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2007

I would have rated this hotel perfect except for one small detail -
yes, they do have very comfortable pillow top beds but the hotel is using standard size sheets which are not large enough to accomodate the extra thickness of the pillow top mattress.
The result is a sheet which keeps flipping off of the mattress corners, making for a very annoying nights sleep.
On the positive side, the hotel was very nice with very helpful personnel at the front desk, clean and quiet rooms, and very close to all of the major attractions. If Marriott can correct this issue, this could be one of the best hotels in the Wharf area.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2007

The Marriott Fisherman's Wharf has an excellent staff, great location and best of all - the most comfortable beds ever. My husband, 2 daugthers and I absolutely loved this place. We stayed June 8th and 9th. I would highly recommend this hotel when visiting San Francisco.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2007

We stayed at the Fishermans Wharf Marriott April 24-29, 2007.
To save on expenses four of us stayed in one room. The beds
were some of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The concierge staff really helped us plan our stay, and gave us great advice on where to eat and some very fun nightlife. Kudos to all of the staff for their friendly, knowledgable advice. My only complaint was that on the last day I became quite sick. I stayed in while my friends did a Napa Valley tour. I wanted to order room service and found out that you may only order lunch between 12:00- 1:00. Now when I see a room service menu that boasts "all day" it should mean "all day'. Other than this we all give this property a high rating. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2007

We stayed at this hotel over the Memorial Day weekend, 4 days/3 nights, May 25-28, 2007. This hotel was in a good location with the Fisherman's Wharf attractions within walking distance as well as numerous other San Francisco attractions. All of the hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful but the cleanlinest of the hotel room needed improvement. Our room was nice but we noticed dirt on a wall and a stain on the chair. The shower curtain also had a stain. In the restaurant we noticed some dust along a shelf. I think the cleaning staff needs to be better trained. There's no pool in the hotel but we didn't miss it because of all the sightseeing we did around town and the cool temperatures in San Francisco. There was a small fitness center on-site which came in handy. I would say this was a decent 3 star hotel.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed 20 May 2007

We stayed at the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott for two nights at the beginning of our two week wedding adventure. It was a little further from Fisherman's Wharf that I thought, but it was still pretty close. The hotel was clean, the staff polite and helpful. They let us check in early which we really appreciated. Check in was quick and easy. The room was very far from the elevator which was nice because it was quiet, but it was a bit of a hike after a long day of walking around the city.

They brought us extra towels minutes after we requested them. Great Bath and Body Works amenities in the bathroom. Really lousy water pressure in the shower. Fluffy feather bed on the bed - made me feel like I was sleeping on a cloud. My husband did not sleep well, but he really didn't sleep well the whole two week trip, so I don't want to attribute that to this bed. The sheets didnt quite fit the bed right - they should look into fixing that. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning.

The breakfast buffet was ok. There was a good variety, but the quality was just average. It was incredibly over priced. Starbucks in the lobby bar in the morning was an excellent touch, even though there was a Starbucks in every direction, a block away. Trader Joes, Walgreens, Denny's - all 1 block away. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Outside of the hotel we of course spent a lot of time in Fisherman's Wharf. The crepes in the center were absolutely delicious - chocolate chips, strawberries and bananas. Yum! Check out the mini donuts at another stand too. A great treat! We had dinner at Hardrock Cafe which was better than I expected, and very short wait at 6:00. In the back is a Gallery - Rodney Lough Jr. Absolutely amazing wilderness photographs. Take a few minutes to look if you have the time. The upper level of the Wharf gets very little traffic, but there are some great shops up there.

We spent a decent amount of time on Haight Street - the Pork Store is incredible for breakfast and lunch. If there are no tables, hop on a seat at the counter. The pancakes are unbelievable. Walked from the corner of Ashbury down to Goldn Gate Park. I wish we had more time to spend there. Got to see a really neat drum circle. Ameoba records is pretty cool on the corner before the park.

We also did the Alcatraz tour. That was really enjoyable. It's so interesting over there. The day we left, we rented a car from the Hertz down the block from the hotel. The woman who helped us was a little crazy, but she was nice enough to us. Gave us great directions out of the city to Route 1. We were heading to Big Sur for our wedding ceremony. What a lovely drive. Overall we had a great two days in San Francisco and a great stay at the Fisherman's Wharf Marriott.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple