This review is long overdue - I was at the Abri for 4 nights in Nov.
When I was looking at the hotels in SF, I was not convinced by the so-call "charmingly period" hotels (read OLD and tired furnishings). The Abri's makeover looked modern and has good reviews in TA, is centrally-located around Union Sq/shopping. It wasn't gloomy like many others.
Location: fantastic, if you are driving, there are garages within a short walk away and car-rental offices nearby. The Powell Bart with direct link to SFO is around the corner, and cable cars to Fisherman's Wharf and other areas are easily accessible. There are convenience stores all over the area.
The room itself is rather tiny. Not a problem if you are out the whole day, but I think will be cramped and claustrophobic if you are staying in for a length of time. Good comfortable beds, fairly well-maintained, adequate furnishing.
Good usual in-room amenities like kettle, hair-dryer, bathrobes, coffee & tea. The hotel also provide free Peet coffee in the morning downstairs while I was there.
The front office/concierge staff are helpful and friendly, always ready with a suggestion/recommendation.
-There is an initial whiff of sewage in the room every day whenever I return to the room, but which I couldnt detect subsequently.
-Street noise is there, but not terribly so, especially with windows closed
-There are homeless street people around, but I do not feel threathened
I would use this hotel again if all I want is a clean place to sleep in a fantastic location AND if a good price is available. It is probably best of the lot given the age of the hotels around Union Sq.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Vibrant. Urban style at the center of it all in San Francisco's Union Square. Ideal for both the leisure and business traveler, the newly transformed Hotel Abri is a modern day urban oasis featuring a sleek décor complemented by contemporary art and upscale amenities. The hotel's energetic vibe is delightfully balanced with a comfortable ease, offering guests a unique sensorial experience and the highest levels of hospitality and service. Hotel Abri offers personalized experiences tailored to guest's individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and movie libraries, to a full service business center and a knowledgeable concierge program. We are a dog friendly hotel, please note that a $75 pet fee will apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Abri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection San Francisco
- Hotel Abri Larkspur Collection