“Excellent”

Ranked #96 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
Sacramento, California
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here it's clean and the staff very friendly. I will definitely come and stay here again. It's close to Walgreens, restaurants, Imax, Cal Train, Moscone Center. There are no bums on the front of the hotel. Very very safe day or night!!!! Noise minimal. They even have bathrobes and that for me is a plus.

Room Tip: The bed very comfortable, I had a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Westie313
Hillary M, Sales Manager at The Mosser, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Westie313,
thank you for staying with us and for your appreciated recommendation! I’m very happy to hear you enjoyed the location of our hotel- I completely agree that our location is very central to majority of all the shopping in downtown and your key points of interest. Our location is good for quick walks to some of the best up restaurants and bars and public transportation is easily accessible from our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and I look forward to you staying with us in the future!

Many thanks,
Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great Hotel just off Market St and next to Union Square. Very clean and spacious room&Bathroom, nice staff and free coffee & muffins in the mornings! (always a plus).

Ideal for business trips (my case), but I'd also recommend it for friends, solo and couples, as it has anything you can ask for in a city hotel.

Also, WIFI worked perfectly during the 4 days I was there, which it's not always the case in other hotels.

I'll definitely come back to the Mosser if back to San Francisco, and I'll recommend it to everyone

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ipico
Hillary M, Sales Manager at The Mosser, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Ipico,
thank you for your glowing review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here at the Mosser Hotel. We do pride ourselves in our clean rooms and our excellent location near the main points of attraction in the Downtown SF area. I'm very pleased that you liked our complimentary coffee, tea, and muffins-- our restaurant bakes the muffins daily! Please feel free to reach out to me if you need to check availability for future dates-- I'm here to help. Thanks again for the recommendation and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Regards,
Satellite Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Mosser for a week! Clean, friendly staff and great location! It's a smaller hotel with coffee & muffins served in the lobby from 6am - 10am. The hotel is an older well maintain boutique type hotel without the high cost. We were in town for a wedding and chose not to stay at the pricier hotel (right around the corner) with others in for the event. There were many complaints about the $$$ hotel so were very glad we stayed at The Mosser. The room was small and we opted for a private bathroom & shower. There was built-in hair dryer and you could request extra towels (recommend you do this when you check in). Room was quiet whit the window closed and since it is cooler in San Francisco you did not need to have them opened at night. There is only one elevator so it is shared with housekeeping... the stairs are fine if you're in a hurry. We took the BART from and to the airport! The Powell St station is right around the block so no hassle from and to airport.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cbeefoodie
Hillary M, Sales Manager at The Mosser, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hi Cbeefoodie,
thank you so much for your awesome review! I'm so happy to hear that you really liked your recent stay with us. Our hotel is conveniently located near all the main points of attraction in the downtown SF area--- so glad you loved our location. I'm also happy that you noticed how quiet our rooms are when the windows are closed-- we have double paned windows in each room to help ensure a good night's rest. Thanks again for your business and we hope you stay with us sooner better than later!

Ashland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We are a family of 6. The single rooms are so small, we ended up booking 1 queen size bed and 1 suite for the kids. Specifically asked for them to be on the same floor -- ended up on opposite ends of the hotel (3rd floor & 8th)

The queen room was ok, barely.

The suite wasn't clean -- toiletries were used, snacks left in the bedside drawers, sheets weren't changed and the staff was difficult when I called down to ask for replacements.

We were in town for a family event, with many other members of my family staying the same weekend.Next day lunch conversations included stories of the weird personalities that each of us came across in the hallways, elevators and shared bathrooms. Let's just say ... not exactly a family friendly environment.

We chose this hotel for it's location and room accommodations. But it was just an overpriced youth hostile - with shared bathrooms, young hipster crowd with in-public offers of sex & drugs. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private baths, while others only get access to a public bathroom in your hall.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Yvonne O, Director of Sales at The Mosser, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for the comments. We encourage our guests to write us a review so we could improve our services. The Mosser Hotel is a historic type of property built in 1913 located right in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We maintained the Victorian look from the outside and completely renovated the rooms from the inside. We have quaint rooms with well-appointed and custom-made furniture. We have a few economical rooms with shared bath room. The Front desk usually detects upon check in if a guest is suspicious. In any place you go, if we see anything unusual or suspicious we usually report it. Did you report the sex and drug incident to the Front Desk ? It would help us investigate the incident immediately.
As for the suite, we usually have an inspector who checks all the rooms that were cleaned for every floor. I will report this to my housekeeping and Front desk supervisors so as to avoid this incident in the future.
The Mosser Hotel is a favorite property for corporate accounts and conventioneers because of our location. We are only one block away from the Moscone Convention Center. This place is very safe.
Thank you for staying at the Mosser Hotel.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location in the heart of San Francisco. We really enjoyed our stay. While the rooms are quite small, they fit the bill for the price you pay! Anything else in this area is more than double what you will pay at the Mosser. The room, shared bathroom & showers were impeccably clean and I would highly recommend staying here. It is easy to get to from SFO (BART to Powell station then a 2 minute walk around the corner). MUNI transit is equally easy to find around the hotel. Even the cable cars are within a 5 minute walk!
Because you're in the heart of the city be prepared to deal with city sounds, it is a bit noisy at night but nothing intolerable.
The coffee & muffins weren't bad, a good start before a nice breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: Take note of "SHARED BATHROOM" classifications!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kara R
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Have stayed here many times for Salesforce. Very convenient and AnnaBells restaurant is great!

Too many times I have seen people at the counter not knowing the room they reserved had a shared bath. Make sure you confirm that.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ted T
Dear Ted T.,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We thank you for your continued business and for your recommendation. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel as well as our restaurant, Annabelle's Bar & Bistro! Feel free to contact me directly if you need me to check availability for any future dates--- hope to see you stay with us again sooner than later.

Best regards,
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I liked this hotel. It's old and very European with the shared toilets and all. I was lucky enough to book a room with a private bathroom. The room was cozy and perfect for one. It was pretty loud but acceptable since it's located in the heart of Union Square area. Great shopping nearby too!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Yvonne O, Director of Sales at The Mosser, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so much for staying at the Mosser Hotel and giving us a nice review.