“Excellent location”
Review of The Mosser

The Mosser
Ranked #88 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights. Great value deal and excellent location- very central. The room was very small but sufficient and bed was very comfortable. We had opted for shared bathrooms and this worked out very well- never had to wait for either a shower or bathroom. Coffee and muffins are provided in the lobby for breakfast and the staff are excellent - friendly , helpful and attentive but not intrusive. I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is very central to Union Square and a really good price compared to other hotels in the same area. The rooms are small but really nice and there are lovely pastries and coffee in reception every morning. It was very quiet and good free wifi which i needed to check out all my wedding pictures a couple of days after getting married

I would definitely recommend it!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoJo_156
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Not in the greatest part of town if you don't know what streets to avoid (research the tenderloin and skip those streets). The hotel was hipster and the rooms were small but the staff was nice. A bit on the pricey side for what you get. Check Groupon and you may get a break.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Mosser is a great find in San Francisco. The location is perfect, especially if you are attending an event at Moscone. It is old, but charming. The rooms are small but modern and clean. The staff is helpful and the price is right! We had a top floor front corner room with a bath which wasn't too noisey. it had big windows and was 2/3 the price of the Kimpton Hotel next door. There is a nice Bistro on the ground floor, Annabelles, and is convenient to the drug store, conveniences and even a hardware store. Amazing.

Room Tip: Get a corner room for view and cross ventilation.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was traveling to SF on business - a conference at the Marriott Marquis. The Marriott was able to accommodate me for two days of a five day trip. They offered to accommodate me for the extra three days at an exorbitant rate. Enter the Mosser. Now, I have to say, I had my reservations. The reservation clerk confirmed a "Deluxe" room with twin beds. I thought he was joking, and he said that he wasn't. He explained that their standard rooms had shared baths, but I'd have a private bath. Oh, boy, this was going to be fun. However, as there were few other options, and it is literally across the street from the Marriott, I accepted.

What a surprise when I entered the room. Like others have said the rooms are small (European style), but they are clean and well appointed (albeit simple)They offer free wifi, which the Marriott didn't. There was absolutely nothing about my stay at I can complain about. Sure, I'd love to have had a bigger bed, but it was just me, and most of the time I only use a small portion of the bed anyway in a hotel.

They also had complimentary breakfast muffins and coffee every morning. I'd highly recommend me. No you don't get the conference center, and hotel bar, but if you want that, just step across the street and utilize he Marriott's facilities.

An additional bonus is ere is a Target department store literally 100 yards (or less from the front entrance). There are CVS and Walgreen pharmacies just down the street. There is a full service mall just around the corner (< 5 minute walk). You can walk down to the Embarcadero in about 15 minutes.

E only negative is that there are lots of homeless people in the area, many wi visible mental illnesses. They don't really bother you though, and where in SF will you not have is problem. I highly recommend his place.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room with private baths. The shared baths look nice (and are the same as the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I had my first time staying at the Mosser during the first week of July. I just want to share that the customer service team was friendly and very attentive with me. I had an issue with my reservation, but all staff members at the front desk helped me solve it and provided different alternatives to make sure I was stress-free and satisfied regardless of any miscommunication. The room was clean and the environment was peaceful during my two-day stay. Thanks for the excellent memory, folks. I hope this is the kind of experience I continue to have at the Mosser for upcoming visits.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We went to San Francisco to celebrate my husband's birthday with a Giants game. I am always thorough when researching new hotels, and wanted to stay somewhere in the city without paying a fortune. I was very fortunate to find the Mosser here on trip advisor. The price was right, and so I booked a "Deluxe Full" which had a full size bed and private bathroom. Yes, not all the rooms have private baths, so pay attention when you are booking. We arrived, and as instructed pulled up to the curb outside for valet parking (really convenient- about $40/day). The bell man is right at the door waiting for you. This is a small building compared to many others, especially the big Marriott across the street- but there is a big sign and not difficult to see. We checked in and were greeted by a friendly clerk who gave us our room keys in a quick and efficient manner. We stayed on the third floor, so we used the elevator and went right up to our room (313). We were so tickled by our room. Everything was clean, cozy and it had all the necessary amenities. Now, if you are looking for an expansive room with a couch and open space- this is not it. Our room was very small, but perfect for our needs and full of personality. The hotel was built in the early 1900's, so yes it's OLD but the rooms are not dated. They have remodeled the hotel with pleasant modern touches that really make it comfortable and pleasant. If you like cookie cutter typical rooms, go elsewhere.... But if you want to experience the flavor and color of traditional SF, this is a great place to stay. The location is also great, there are shops all around, including a Ross across the street and a Target just a block away. So if you need to pick up something, it's all right there. There is real shopping (Macys, Disney Store, Gap, etc) within easy walking distance. I also highly recommend the bistro next door for dinner, it was really good and service was excellent as well. Ask for Angel, he helped us decide on dinner and knows his menu well. Overall I am very pleased and will return again soon.

Stayed: July 2014