“Good things come in small packages!”
Review of The Mosser

The Mosser
Ranked #89 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is excellent, the rooms are small but clean and the location couldn't be better. It was a great price and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in San Francisco and can't wait to go back. When we do we will certainly stay here!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Mosser

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I wanted to stay somewhere clean, safe, comfortable, convenient, and budget priced. The Mosser is all of the above and more. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and helpful; and there's good coffee and tasty mini-muffins in the lobby each morning. The rooms are quite small but well appointed, and it was no inconvenience at all to have toilet and shower/bath facilities down the hall. Bathrobes are provided, as are "shower tote" baskets. I would certainly stay here again as a solo traveler.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank April L
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We spend 1 night at the Mosser in late July. The room was very small as were the shared bathrooms on the floor. However, everything was clean and comfortable. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go, including our Alcatraz tour. The door man was EXCELLENT and they were able to hold our bags and our car in the vallet lot for the day while we were in Napa.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Spent four nights in August 2014. For the price, I was expecting a room slightly larger than a double bed's width wide and no wardrobe. Most of the rooms face each other in a C-shape, and the gap between your windows and the opposite room's windows is no more than 8 feet (2.5 metres). As the rooms have blinds instead of curtains (a space saving idea) you either get privacy or natural light, but not both. The breakfast is terrible for what you get, but the staff are helpful and the rooms are clean.

The only saving grace is its location - just off Market Street, very close to Union Square, the cable cars and a short walk to the Ferry Building and AT&T park. Next time I think I will go elsewhere.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I sincerely enjoyed my stay at The Mosser. The location is great (walking distance from ATT park) and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Though the rooms are small and there is a shared bathroom/ shower for each single floor, the rooms are very quaint and "European" with your own sink. (Note: You could upgrade to a deluxe room and have your own bathroom). I had an issue with payment that was promptly dealt with no problems whatsoever and I was issued a partial courtesy refund as well. I would recommend this stay to singles and couples looking for a romantic night in the lovely town of SF.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I decided to spend an impromptu night in San Francisco. We visit often, but this time I decided to try a new place. I found a room at the Mosser and what a lucky find it was! We had a wonderful corner room with two bay windows. I was a little concerned about the noise potential being on 4th, but the windows are double-double paned. (Yes, two double-pane windows!) It kept almost ALL the sound out and so even though we stayed on the 3rd floor, my wife and I slept peacefully without being being disturbed by any street noise.

The decor in the room was contemporary and space efficient which made the room itself seem much larger. The Mosser is an older hotel, but it has been lovingly cared for and the decorator touches make it seem very chic.

It is a convenient stroll to Union Square and all the shopping offer there, as well as to BART or the Cable Car or the Moscone Center.

I recommend the Mosser for anyone looking to break out of the cookie-cutter hotel experience.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a shared bath... buy many have private bathrooms. If this is important to you, be s...
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have reviewed this hotel on several occasions, and it is my first choice for the Moscone Center area, thanks to its terrific location, friendly staff and reasonable rates. On my most recent trip, I booked one of the small rooms that don't have bathroom/shower en suite. I wasn't able to get a deluxe room with bath Honestly, I was dreading it a bit, but not willing to change to another hotel for that trip. I am happy to report that the experience was fine. The bathrooms and showers are kept spotless. They were rarely occupied, and when they were, I could just go to one on a floor above or below. The room doesn't have a table or desk, or even a chair. That is the main reason I will still want to get a larger room with bathroom en suite. But if you want the most economical room for a great SF location, the Mosser will not disappoint you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NWbySE
Hillary M, Sales Manager at The Mosser, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear NWbySE,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your thoughts. We thank you for your continued business and for your thoughtful recommendation. I am very happy to hear that you are a return guest and glad you found our economical rooms with shared bathrooms to be comfortable—we really do strive to make the rooms very fresh and modern for our guests. I'm pleased you enjoyed the atmosphere and value. I hope to see you stay with us again sooner than later.

Hillary M.