“Personal service, Charming Historic Hotel, in the heart of San Francisco”
Review of The Mosser

The Mosser
Ranked #88 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
Reviewed 11 August 2010

I attended a workshop in San Francisco and spent 3 nights at The Mosser. This small, family owned historic hotel, built in 1917, offered personal attention, clean updated rooms in the heart of San Francisco where you you spend at least double or triple for a room. Coffee, tea, muffins in the morning; next to a small but excellent restaurant, within a block of SFMOMA, BART, Muni, which take you anywhere you need to go including the Embarcadero and Ferry Boats. And, you can have dinner and a cocktail watching the sun set from the 39th floor at the Marriott Hotel, right across the street!

I look forward to staying there again when a similar workshop is offered.

The caveat...I live just over the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, worked in San Francisco, and could have commuted each day to the class. This was my chance to spend time in a hotel in my home city!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 August 2010

This hotel was a wonderful find and has an excellent location to enable a traveler to visit special stores on Market, Westfield Mall, and walk up to Union Square, Civic Center, Little Saigon, or hop a cable car. The staff is friendly (particularly the doorman) and very helpful with directions. I met several interesting foreign tourists over coffee or in the elevator, and even the maids were cheerful and helpful. It has Victorian charm with modern fixtures, very clean, and those double paned windows eliminate any street noise. I've visited SF many times, but this was the best place I've found.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2010

When I was booking a place to stay in the city, it was so difficult. Everything was just so expensive, or not in good areas, or just dumpy. So I went to my fellow Priceline bidding. I got this place for $50 a night. It was in a perfect part of town of downtown, very safe and just fun to walk around. The place is very european I thought, and there were a lot of europeans there to prove it! The rooms are smaller; great for a romantic setting. They had many samples of necessities for the bathroom, beds are very comfortable, and we had a great TV mounted on the wall whenever we needed to lye down and relax. The customer service was great too. My husband and I left the keys in our room a few times, but the front desk was so good to just give us another key. Very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Well, when you've never been to San Francisco ever, its hard to figure out how to stay without dipping in the savings, if you have one of those. So when looking, you'll see lots of nice places on the web for great prices, but beware beware.
We were looking for a quick fix after staying at one of these nice looking hotels on the web situations, that turned into nothing you would want to take someone you care about to.
We called around after looking on the web, and after talking to Tim at the Mosser on fourth st, we felt like we had a good chance we found a winner. He offered to show us a room before we commit, and they had nothing to hide. Super nice rooms at great rates, super nice staff from doorman to Stacey the ultimate receptionist to the maids who gave your room a nice cleaning everyday. Than they checked us in early, at no extra charge, I mean no hassle, like they insisted and we had a quick turnaround on what almost turned into a out of towners nightmare. Cheers to the Mosser, we strongly suggest if your wondering where to stay in San Francisco, with every kind of public transit right outside the door and people to tell you how to get where you want

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My college bound daughter and I stayed at The Mosser on our trip to search for housing during her up coming school year. A search like this one can be somewhat stressful when you are pressed for time. The staff and stay at The Mosser was both welcoming and calming; a home base. The staff went out of their way to see to our needs and when we walked thru their door at the end of a long day it felt like coming home. I would highly recommend The Mosser; it is comfortable, clean and centrally located.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Beautifully restored, the hotel was a pleasure and the staff was really great. I chose a shared bath room, a really excellent deal. The room was small but worked fine for me.
With a sink & mirror in the room, the shared bath issue was not a big deal and saved me a ton of money. Bed was comfortable. Elevator was fast. Free gourmet coffee & little muffins in the morning was a nice touch. My one and only complaint was the tiny TV which was positioned high up in the corner of the room but this hotel would still be my #1 choice in San Francisco. Perfect location, great price, excellent staff, clean, really unique.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2010

The hotel is centrally located, room are nice and tidy, although not too big, but confy enough to have a rest after a streneous day of turism ;) The staff was super friendly and helpful! I would definetely recommend this hotel! The only drawback is the breakfast, just coffee and a muffin!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple