“A perfect place in a great location”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #39 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The room, on the 15th floor, was clean, sleek, and had a view of the Bay Bridge. We only stayed for one night, but it was so convenient. Be prepared to pay hugely extra for parking, that's how it goes in San Francisco. Then, you should tip the valets nicely, because they are very efficient and service oriented. Before you book, look around online for a deal. Don't pay full price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tfobmtz
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you for writing about your stay and thank you for the great review. We are happy that you appreciated our valet staff and the location. I hope to see you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Le Meriden San Francisco is well located and a nice choice. The room are nice, not huge, but certainly very well appointed and comfortable. The concierges at this hotel are WAY above average. The people at the front desk could use a refresher course in good service. It took over 20 minutes to check out of my prepaid room at 4am and frankly I was just plain mad and nearly late for my flight be the time I got out of there. They’d added mistaken charges for the mini bar and could not find any record that my company had prepaid the room for the event I attended. Beyond that the woman was slow and mostly seemed confused by the checkout process. this just goes to show how one interaction colors the whole experience.

1  Thank Consultantgal

Thank you for writing to let us know about your recent stay at Le Meridien. We appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback. I am sorry about your checkout experience. We understand why this would be frustrating. Your comments will be used to help us train our staff to improve this in the future. I am happy though that you liked our concierge staff. Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Everything was perfect for our stay at this hotel. The room was spotless, the decor was attractive, the bed was comfy and the view was fantastic. Located close to everything in downtown San Francisco, it's a perfect spot for a weekend getaway. The staff was professional and hospitable. The parking is pricey, but we managed to get around that by parking in an underground garage just two blocks away. They do charge for wi-fi, however. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SonomaSweetie
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for staying at Le Meridien San Francisco. We are really happy you enjoyed the room, the bed and location. There are so many great things to do around the hotel and I am happy you had a great time. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had a gift certificate which I bid on in a charity auction last year. I noticed that it was about to expire so I called Starwood customer service. They told me that the certificate was valid and could make the reservation for me. I agreed.
Check in was great but 10 min later they called me and said that they had to charge me for the room! The excuse was" you needed to call the hotel direct to redeem"
My guest was about to arrive so I agreed under protest. After the stay, I tried to contact the supervisor and the general manager about this but no one has returned my email or my calls.
I requested that my money be refunded.
I have also contacted Starwood corporate directly.

Please be very careful about booking at this hotel. You may be sorry!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mark w
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced when trying to redeem your gift certificate. I understand that you have been in touch with the hotel directly and the situation has been resolved. A full refund of the charges incurred will be issued and the gift certificate that was purchased will be applied to your stay. Again our apologies for any miscommunication or inconvenience you and your guests may have experienced.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here last week and really enjoyed my room-- I had a lovely view of the Bay Bridge. The hotel was also only four blocks from my office which was very convenient. Breakfast was very tasty and service was attentive. I loved their homemade pistachio granola with yogurt and fruit. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for writing the kind review about your recent stay. We really appreciate it. I am glad the hotel is convenient for you. I will share with the restaurant staff that you enjoyed their service. We also love the homemade granola! I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Due to an early morning meeting, we spent an evening at Le Meridien. Very modern and upscale. The rooms are well-appointed and the staff is very. The location is great with many restaurants and pubs nearby. The Embarcadero Center is nearby and it's a few short blocks to the waterfront. Only complaint is parking cost, but given that you're in the heart of the Financial District, it's to be expected. The hotel is expensive, but we got a last minute deal which made it very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the 5 star review about your recent stay. We appreciate the feedback and we are glad you enjoyed the location and the rooms. Thanks again!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Le Meridien San Francisco and thoroughly enjoyed it. Our room was located on the 13th floor with a partial Bay view. The Front Desk staff was friendly and efficient.

The room was modern and spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean and I appreciated having the table in the bathroom for extra shelf space. The shower head was adjustable with good water pressure and enough hot water. The only thing I didn't like were the cheap bath towels. For a deluxe hotel, they really need to upgrade the bath towels!

We like the location of this Le Meridien in the Financial District. It is within walking distance to Union Square, Chinatown, North Beach, and the Ferry Building. Also, the Embarcadero Center is across the street with various restaurants and a Landmark movie theatre. I also liked the speed of the hotel's elevators. We never had to wait more than a few seconds.

The Housekeeping staff was very efficient and we appreciated coming back to a nice clean room and finding everything restocked.

All of the staff members were friendly and helpful. We would definitely return to this Le Meridien the next time we visit San Francisco.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SgtBuffy
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Thank you for the your review about your stay. We are happy you liked your stay and glad the location was convenient for you. Thanks for letting us know about the towel quality. We hope to see you soon.