“Good Hotel, Next to Transamerica Bldg”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #47 of 228 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Good Hotel, Next to Transamerica Bldg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Great location, close to Chinatown and Embarcadero and Broadway. Lobby was OK and gets a bit noisy at night due to the overflow from the adjacent bar and restaurant, especially if you are doing some work in the business center which has no door. Very knowledgeable concierge and extremely helpful. Manager was very accommodating to our issues with the noise in the lobby.

Ask for a room with a view of the Bay. Overall good value for a major city.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bay.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for the feedback about our hotel and your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Korean first
Santa Rosa, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Came for a one-night birthday celebration and our first visit to the hotel. Overall very good and will undoubtedly add the hotel to our list for future stays. Convenient location to the Embarcadero and Ferry Building and the Financial District (which is pretty dead on the weekends); good service, very clean and comfortable rooms. Only minor complaint is that our room had damp carpet from carpet cleaning that day (a small sign was stuck in the door number telling us this) but we could not stay in the room with damp feel on your feet. Glad they are cleaning the carpet, but kind of weird we were given the room! Regardless, staff quickly got us another room and all was good. The king small suite we booked was on the end of the building and only has a small window in the corner (no view from the bed but view from chair was great). There is a large structural panel in the rest of the room that is covered by the TV and credenza/closets. However, the bathroom view was perhaps the best ever - sliding glass door with a small balcony and views of the Bay Bridge! Who can't be happy when taking a shower there! Bed was very comfy with nice sheets and great to have an hotel room with fresh air from the sliding door. Parking is not cheap but few places are in SF.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 20 are on the east end of the building looking towards the Bay Bridge and have a kil...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the comments about your stay with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room and that our staff handled the issue of the wet carpet swiftly and you were not inconvenienced. We hope to see you again soon.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The room, on the 15th floor, was clean, sleek, and had a view of the Bay Bridge. We only stayed for one night, but it was so convenient. Be prepared to pay hugely extra for parking, that's how it goes in San Francisco. Then, you should tip the valets nicely, because they are very efficient and service oriented. Before you book, look around online for a deal. Don't pay full price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tfobmtz
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for writing about your stay and thank you for the great review. We are happy that you appreciated our valet staff and the location. I hope to see you in the future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Le Meriden San Francisco is well located and a nice choice. The room are nice, not huge, but certainly very well appointed and comfortable. The concierges at this hotel are WAY above average. The people at the front desk could use a refresher course in good service. It took over 20 minutes to check out of my prepaid room at 4am and frankly I was just plain mad and nearly late for my flight be the time I got out of there. They’d added mistaken charges for the mini bar and could not find any record that my company had prepaid the room for the event I attended. Beyond that the woman was slow and mostly seemed confused by the checkout process. this just goes to show how one interaction colors the whole experience.

Green Features: They tout being eco friendly etc... but they still replaced my used towels even though they were hung up so that they would not be replaced.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Consultantgal
Thank you for writing to let us know about your recent stay at Le Meridien. We appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback. I am sorry about your checkout experience. We understand why this would be frustrating. Your comments will be used to help us train our staff to improve this in the future. I am happy though that you liked our concierge staff. Thank you again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Everything was perfect for our stay at this hotel. The room was spotless, the decor was attractive, the bed was comfy and the view was fantastic. Located close to everything in downtown San Francisco, it's a perfect spot for a weekend getaway. The staff was professional and hospitable. The parking is pricey, but we managed to get around that by parking in an underground garage just two blocks away. They do charge for wi-fi, however. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SonomaSweetie
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for staying at Le Meridien San Francisco. We are really happy you enjoyed the room, the bed and location. There are so many great things to do around the hotel and I am happy you had a great time. Thank you.
Yorba Linda, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I had a gift certificate which I bid on in a charity auction last year. I noticed that it was about to expire so I called Starwood customer service. They told me that the certificate was valid and could make the reservation for me. I agreed.
Check in was great but 10 min later they called me and said that they had to charge me for the room! The excuse was" you needed to call the hotel direct to redeem"
My guest was about to arrive so I agreed under protest. After the stay, I tried to contact the supervisor and the general manager about this but no one has returned my email or my calls.
I requested that my money be refunded.
I have also contacted Starwood corporate directly.

Please be very careful about booking at this hotel. You may be sorry!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank mark w
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Hello and thank you for your feedback. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced when trying to redeem your gift certificate. I understand that you have been in touch with the hotel directly and the situation has been resolved. A full refund of the charges incurred will be issued and the gift certificate that was purchased will be applied to your stay. Again our apologies for any miscommunication or inconvenience you and your guests may have experienced.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here last week and really enjoyed my room-- I had a lovely view of the Bay Bridge. The hotel was also only four blocks from my office which was very convenient. Breakfast was very tasty and service was attentive. I loved their homemade pistachio granola with yogurt and fruit. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for writing the kind review about your recent stay. We really appreciate it. I am glad the hotel is convenient for you. I will share with the restaurant staff that you enjoyed their service. We also love the homemade granola! I hope to see you soon.