“Great Location & Lovely Views”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #41 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Booked a room for the weekend at Le Meridien. The room was large, clean and comfortable with lovely views looking out to the Bay. While the Financial District is quiet during the weekends, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the waterfront and the Ferry Building.

Service was welcoming and on-point. Only area for improvement was around the amount of time it took for the valet to bring around the car, but it was check-out time so I imagine there were quite a few cars to retrieve. Other than that, everything was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for the review about your recent stay. I am happy you enjoyed the stay and we appreciate your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien San Francisco

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I am giving this property 3 stars because of a situation that occurred that was improperly handled, in my opinion. The rooms are nice and your typical Le Meridien style. The bar is lively and the bartenders are very good. However, when I retrieved my car from the valet, I noticed that items had been stolen. I reported this immediately to the front desk and received no follow up response. I would be very concerned valet parking my car in the future or even staying here in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback. I am sorry about your valet experience and the lack of follow up. I will share this with our valet company so that a representative can respond to you. I am happy you enjoyed the bar and the bartenders. Thank you again for the feedback and I am sorry about the parking.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We landed at 12:30am in the hotel and they informed us that there is no room available for us due to some water or something (usual reasons whenever they are oversold). At that hour, they wanted me to push to some other hotel. When I refused to pay, if they change me...only then the rooms surfaced from somewhere.
We were quickly shoved into a room for disabled, which i didnt mind as it was still better than roaming the streets in the dead of the night
As i was heading out of the hotel for my morning meeting, there was lot of anti Le Meridien slogans..some employee dispute i guess..didnt have time to find out..but didnt leave a good taste
Location was ok. I think Hyatt has a better location
Otherwise..usual five star service..nothing much to delight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. We find this feedback very valuable. I am sorry about your checkin experience. I apologize for the difficulty in us getting you a room. We are using your feedback as a training tool so this won't happen again. I am glad you found the service up to a five star level. Thank you again and please accept my apology.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were staying in San Francisco for only one night and wanted to get a clean hotel that was reasonably priced and in an area that was close to the attractions.
Although the regularly priced rooms range from $200 and up, we wee able to find this hotel on Groupon.com and that is the reason we picked this place.
Otherwise it would have been out of our price range.
However, it is clean, the bed is comfortable and we had a partial view of the bay bridge.

Parking can be found in the parking garage just around the corner for $33. Don't fall for the signs that say $10 parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay bridge
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your stay and we are happy you liked the clean rooms.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We booked this hotel via a last minute bargain website. We wanted the location as it was convenient to the public transportation we needed to take the next day to start our walk from SF to Half Moon Bay.
Usually I don't chose big name hotels, I much prefer boutique places, but I must say this was great.
The rooms were comfort, quiet, large for San Francisco. Nice view with corner windows and I really enjoyed the laid back environment of the business district on a weekend.
Yes, some restaurants were closed but there is a wonderful INDY movie theater just a block away and some really fun restaurants with happy hour bargains and because traffic is slow on Saturdays it is easy to get excellent personalized service.
The hotel has a fashionable upscale bar and a pricey breakfast but we didn't try either one.
They do have complimentary coffee and tea in morning.
Parking is $50 per day or more, but you can park just across the street for $33.
We parked in Berkley and took BART which was convenient and easy. Only a couple of blocks to BART station.
I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for the review. I am glad that everything worked out and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

In the heart of the financial district and minutes to everything, Walking distance to many restaurants, Starbucks, etc. The perfect place to stay in San Francisco. The views are indescribable ...so breathtaking. The hotel is gorgeous in itself ---the lobby, dining and lounge areas. The rooms are impeccable to high standards and relaxation. If possible, make a point to stay or at least stop in and take in the views.
Brenda

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bree G

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were travelling from vegas to San Francisco and booked accommodation along the way. We decided to stay here as it seemed central and had good reviews, even though it was a little on the expensive side. I am well travelled from hostels to 5 star hotels and assumed (wrongly) for the money we were paying here it would be amazing. We arrived late Friday night and booked into our two rooms and collapsed in bed. Next thing we knew we were awake at all hours because there were no curtains in the room. We did make a complaint to the receptionist who informed us the curtains were sent out for cleaning and weren't back yet. We then spoke to the manager who explained that it was a hotel error that the room should have been put on hold and not let out. Apparently it was the only room in the hotel without curtains. We were offered to swap rooms but we had already unpacked and were only staying for the weekend that we weren't going through the hassle of re packing and moving. He was good enough to offer us complimentary breakfast as a consolation which helped to make up for the lack of sleep and also seemed to sweeten the price we were already paying without breakfast. Next at check out we were charged for two nights extra parking. This was rectified by the Concierge after some debate. Then when we asked for a final bill to ensure there were no extra charges going on and to get total prices of rooms we were informed they weren't in a position to give us a bill as we booked through an internet site. This is the same website I have booked approx 20 hotels through and have never come across this before. They did take our credit card details upon check in (which I know is protocol and has to be done) however now that we were refused any print outs or bills we are left wide open if the hotel decides they want to add extra charges onto the card. All this said it can't be taken away the cleanliness of the hotel and the good location. There was a bus stop right outside the door which could bring us to fishermans wharf, union square, etc. I do believe the service we got was well below par so I don't know if we just got them on an off weekend. I think I'll be looking elsewhere when I return to San Francisco.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joanne C

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize again for assigning you a room without drapes. As I mentioned to you when we spoke and as you reference in your review the room was left in our inventory in error. The drapes had been sent out to be cleaned and the room should not have been assigned. It was the hotels error and I sincerely apologize for this. I hope that my offer of breakfast for your entire party of 5 made up for this. With regard to your receipt for the room charges for third party bookings, we do not have this available at the hotel level. When you book though a third party, you are actually paying the third party for your room so the receipt is provided by them. I apologize if this was not communicated to you correctly.