“Service above and beyond”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #43 of 229 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Service above and beyond”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I rarely write reviews but was compelled based on the level of customer service, sometimes a rarity in urban hotels. My husband, a Starwood Member, had booked this hotel for a business trip then we learned it would be a family trip as well. We've got small children and usually stay at suite hotels so not to turn lights out early for us adults. Though this is a boutique hotel with few true multi-room suites, Ormie the front desk agent helped by providing a suite upgrade with a separate area for a queen roll-away for out two children so we had some private space as well. Kudos to this staff and particularly Ormie for the fine service in accommodating our family. Great service with the concierge recommendations as well for family friendly attractions and restaurants in an ordinarily tourist free area of town. Thank you we will come again!

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and provide addition space for sleeping or accommodating business meeting...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mmarlow1
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello and thank you for the wonderful comments about Ormie and your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that Ormie was able to accommodate you with rooms that meet the needs of your family. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Korean first
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I just stayed there for our anniversary. This hotel was so beautiful! We let the nice woman(didn't get her name- she was very kind and funny!) know upon check in that it was our anniversary and she upgraded us to a room with a beautiful view. the room was so clean. Staff is kind. And Bar 333 had great drinks and atmosphere! I don't normally write reviews, however; this was a top notch experience in the city! Many thanks!

Room Tip: There is free coffee on 3rd floor. Go out to patio, turn and follow catwalk all the way to ferry bui...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you the wonderful review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am an SPG member and stay at SPG properties on a regular basis. I've stayed 7 nights at SPG hotels so far this year and love this chain of hotels. Unfortunately I did not love the service at this hotel. My girl scout troop stayed at this hotel (7 adults and 7 kids) and I was taken aback by the poor service and less than friendly staff. The staff was never outwardly rude but smiles and eye contact were almost non-existent. When I asked the bell hop to hold my bags at the end of our stay he never made eye contact and seemed bothered at having to help me. The people at the desk were dismissive to myself and several others in my group. Additionally when I dialed zero to ask that I be transferred to housekeeping the person answering said "I see you've already called once, how can I help you?" he sounded very annoyed that I was making a second call (first call was for extra towels and second for extra pillows). Overall I was very disappointed in the level of service from the staff. In prior days I had spoken to the manager over the phone and he was very polite and accommodating which made the "attitude" of the staff at the hotel all the more shocking. On the positive side, the hotel was well cared for, the rooms were roomy and the housekeeping staff did a good job at keeping the rooms clean.

Room Tip: This hotel is in the business district and everything closes very early on the weekends.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay. We read every comment and find them very helpful. I am sorry about the staff attitude. We are grateful that you shared this with us so we can improve for the future. Your comments will be shared during training sessions. Please accept our apology.

I am happy that you found the rooms to be nice and that enjoyed the location.

Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is very pricey, but the rooms are comfortable and clean and it is in a great location for tourists, since it is ashort walk from the piers, Alcatraz landing, pier 39 and ferries. We also took a tour to Muir Woods which was great! Good choice of hotel of you are willing to spend extra money for comfort and convenience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback. I am happy you like the location. We are also happy you enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms. We hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Walk to the ferry building, with dining options,downtown and the BART. From the BART go to the mission district or airport. Take a bus from the ferry building to Fishermans Wharf. Room was modern. Nice. Nothing special. Office center for printing boarding passes. Coffee available in the mornings. Happy hour at the bar in the evening decent wine for cheap.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JTPalmiero
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback and the comments. I am glad you enjoyed the happy hour wine and the location. We hope to see you in the future.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Booked a room for the weekend at Le Meridien. The room was large, clean and comfortable with lovely views looking out to the Bay. While the Financial District is quiet during the weekends, the hotel is within easy walking distance to the waterfront and the Ferry Building.

Service was welcoming and on-point. Only area for improvement was around the amount of time it took for the valet to bring around the car, but it was check-out time so I imagine there were quite a few cars to retrieve. Other than that, everything was perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for the review about your recent stay. I am happy you enjoyed the stay and we appreciate your feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I am giving this property 3 stars because of a situation that occurred that was improperly handled, in my opinion. The rooms are nice and your typical Le Meridien style. The bar is lively and the bartenders are very good. However, when I retrieved my car from the valet, I noticed that items had been stolen. I reported this immediately to the front desk and received no follow up response. I would be very concerned valet parking my car in the future or even staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback. I am sorry about your valet experience and the lack of follow up. I will share this with our valet company so that a representative can respond to you. I am happy you enjoyed the bar and the bartenders. Thank you again for the feedback and I am sorry about the parking.