“Beautiful hotel”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #40 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were upgraded to a luxury suite which was great. The hotel itself is very nice/chic. We used the concierge to arrange dinner and she was fantastic! The staff upon check-in weren't as welcoming as I'm used to seeing at other Starwood properties. Smoke alarm ran out of batteries at 530 am which wasn't fun! But the maintenance guy came within minutes once I called. I would return here for the location and atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for the review about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback. I am very sorry about the smoke alarm batteries. I understand how bothersome that can be. I am sorry the staff wasn't as welcoming as we could be but I am happy you received great service from the concierge.

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien San Francisco

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here for a weekend to enjoy the city on our way home from Hawaii. I chose the hotel because of the location which is a block from the Transamerica building, a short walk to the piers on the bay, and across the street for the tour bus stop. The room was very nice and spacious. The lobby restaurant was great for drinks or late night food. The restaurant on the third floor served a very nice breakfast. I would definitely recommend thus hotel. The bonus was that we could use our Amex points to pay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy S
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and i am gald to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we will see you on your next trip back from Hawaii.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

The rooms are all very big and the bed's are fantastic. The gym is also really good too. The only thing I wish the hotel had was a sundries/snack shop in the lobby, but there are plenty of options around. The staff at the hotel is very helpful and the bar is a great happy hour spot after work. The restaurant is also excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I rarely write reviews but was compelled based on the level of customer service, sometimes a rarity in urban hotels. My husband, a Starwood Member, had booked this hotel for a business trip then we learned it would be a family trip as well. We've got small children and usually stay at suite hotels so not to turn lights out early for us adults. Though this is a boutique hotel with few true multi-room suites, Ormie the front desk agent helped by providing a suite upgrade with a separate area for a queen roll-away for out two children so we had some private space as well. Kudos to this staff and particularly Ormie for the fine service in accommodating our family. Great service with the concierge recommendations as well for family friendly attractions and restaurants in an ordinarily tourist free area of town. Thank you we will come again!

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and provide addition space for sleeping or accommodating business meeting...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mmarlow1
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello and thank you for the wonderful comments about Ormie and your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear that Ormie was able to accommodate you with rooms that meet the needs of your family. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I just stayed there for our anniversary. This hotel was so beautiful! We let the nice woman(didn't get her name- she was very kind and funny!) know upon check in that it was our anniversary and she upgraded us to a room with a beautiful view. the room was so clean. Staff is kind. And Bar 333 had great drinks and atmosphere! I don't normally write reviews, however; this was a top notch experience in the city! Many thanks!

Room Tip: There is free coffee on 3rd floor. Go out to patio, turn and follow catwalk all the way to ferry bui...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you the wonderful review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am an SPG member and stay at SPG properties on a regular basis. I've stayed 7 nights at SPG hotels so far this year and love this chain of hotels. Unfortunately I did not love the service at this hotel. My girl scout troop stayed at this hotel (7 adults and 7 kids) and I was taken aback by the poor service and less than friendly staff. The staff was never outwardly rude but smiles and eye contact were almost non-existent. When I asked the bell hop to hold my bags at the end of our stay he never made eye contact and seemed bothered at having to help me. The people at the desk were dismissive to myself and several others in my group. Additionally when I dialed zero to ask that I be transferred to housekeeping the person answering said "I see you've already called once, how can I help you?" he sounded very annoyed that I was making a second call (first call was for extra towels and second for extra pillows). Overall I was very disappointed in the level of service from the staff. In prior days I had spoken to the manager over the phone and he was very polite and accommodating which made the "attitude" of the staff at the hotel all the more shocking. On the positive side, the hotel was well cared for, the rooms were roomy and the housekeeping staff did a good job at keeping the rooms clean.

Room Tip: This hotel is in the business district and everything closes very early on the weekends.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay. We read every comment and find them very helpful. I am sorry about the staff attitude. We are grateful that you shared this with us so we can improve for the future. Your comments will be shared during training sessions. Please accept our apology.

I am happy that you found the rooms to be nice and that enjoyed the location.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is very pricey, but the rooms are comfortable and clean and it is in a great location for tourists, since it is ashort walk from the piers, Alcatraz landing, pier 39 and ferries. We also took a tour to Muir Woods which was great! Good choice of hotel of you are willing to spend extra money for comfort and convenience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback. I am happy you like the location. We are also happy you enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms. We hope to see you again soon.