“You Won't Regret It”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #39 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a couple of nights while getting to know San Francisco. The location is a good jumping off point for exploring nearby neighborhoods. Close to public transportation, shopping and night life.

The room was great! We got one of the studio rooms. It might have actually been bigger then our apartment back in Boston.

The staff was also super friendly. Very accommodating and pleasant. You won't go wrong staying here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for the review about your recent stay. We are pleased that you had a great stay.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My room was very spacious, sumptuous, spotlessly clean and modern. The views are good if you get a Bay Bridge/Embarcadero view but I initially got a street/limited Bay view from the 5th floor which I found noisy. The beds are extremely comfortable and the bathrooms spotless and very stylish and roomy. As it is located in the Financial District many eateries close at the weekend unless you want the much higher priced restaurants near the Ferry Building area. It is a few blocks from the start of the California cable car and very near to what is in effect a transport hub for streetcars/buses/ Muni underground system and BART. A couple of issues need to be sorted however. As the hotel is in a labour Union dispute I was awoken at 6.50am by protesters outside the entrance with loudhailers chanting (deliberately timed to cause maximum disruption to guests). This has happened before apparently and is authorised by the Police (who I called to complain). The hotel kindly moved me to the other side of the hotel for the rest of my trip and gave me free breakfast as an apology so full marks for their professional handling of my inconvenience. Also the restaurant is no longer used and is only a breakfast room now - pity as I chose the hotel due to eatery closures I knew about at the Fri - Sun weekend I was there. The bar serves limited food but is used as a loud music with TV, boisterous behaviour popular venue for local financiers and thus not conducive to a quiet eve meal which was my intention. I would stay here again as the rooms were great with courteous staff but only if they sorted the protest situation out and reinstated the restaurant

Room Tip: Ask for a non street view room to get a quieter room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We absolutely sympathize with you for the early-morning disturbance caused by the protestors during your last stay with us.

Unfortunately, as the protestors have no affiliation with the hotel, we have no control over their actions. The protest was carefully carried out within the letter of the law as set down by both Federal and City ordinances, and we are unable to interfere with the protestors’ legal rights.

We are a non-union hotel with wonderful and passionate associates who work in a very supportive and respectful work environment. In fact, our Associate Opinion Survey came in at 91% associate satisfaction for 2013. None of the protestors that have protested in front of our hotel are associates of our hotel. We compensate our associates well, provide complimentary meals, affordable health insurance for them and their families, a 401K with a company match, and three days of Zumba (complimentary) in support of their health and wellness.

We cannot approach the protestors or intervene in their legal right to protest. We do sincerely wish there was more we could to support our guests and associates but our hands are tied. We appreciate your understanding and support.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Located in the financial district, practically next door to the Transamerica Building, Le Meridien is close to many attractions. We walked to AT&T Ball Park, Washington Square, and Coit Tower. There are many fine restaurants (including Kokkari and Yank Sing) within a 5-10 minute walk. On the weekends, many smaller restaurants/coffee shops, even surprisingly Starbucks, are closed. The restaurant on site is very good for breakfast, and we enjoyed cocktails and appetizers in the lobby bar. Our 2 rooms had great views of the Bay Bridge and the Transamerica Building. The beds were comfortable and the rooms and bathroom were well appointed. I didn't like the sliding door on the bathroom, but the scale and bathrobe were nice additions. I would definitely choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. It is great to hear about so many different things that you enjoyed. We also love the location and all the fun restaurants and things to do around the area. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and cocktails. Thank you again.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at the Le Meridien in the last 6 months and we have consistently enjoyed our rooms each time. Spotless, spacious, very organized, great views from upper floors and very comfortable towels and robes! You can't beat the location which is within walking distance (in comfortable shoes mind you) to the Ferry Building and AT&T Park. The only issue we've encountered is spotty service in the bar. All in all, an ideal hotel for all types of travelers who want a good location, comfort, and great accommodations for the price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed the location and the rooms. I am sorry that you felt the service in the bar was spotty but we appreciate you sharing this with us. This feedback is very helpful for us to improve. We use your comments as a valuable training tool. Thank you for taking the time to write this.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

A nicely appointed property in a good location in the financial district of San Fran.
we arrived a couple of hours early but that seemed no issue for the friendly staff that had a room available as well as giving us a high floor and a view of the Bay bridge we were also offered 4pm checkout as out flight was not until 9pm on the day of our departure.
Room was spacious and the bathroom was a nice size including a tub.
Housekeeping was attentive and friendly.
If was pleasant Staying away from the hustle and bustle of Fisherman's wharf but we were still close enough to walk to the ferry building and into the city centre as well as Chinatown.
If we return to San Fran I would have no hesitation in staying here again.

Room Tip: high floor - ask for bay bridge view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. It is great we could accommodate your early check in and late check out. This makes for a much more convenient stay. Thank you again.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were upgraded to a luxury suite which was great. The hotel itself is very nice/chic. We used the concierge to arrange dinner and she was fantastic! The staff upon check-in weren't as welcoming as I'm used to seeing at other Starwood properties. Smoke alarm ran out of batteries at 530 am which wasn't fun! But the maintenance guy came within minutes once I called. I would return here for the location and atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback. I am very sorry about the smoke alarm batteries. I understand how bothersome that can be. I am sorry the staff wasn't as welcoming as we could be but I am happy you received great service from the concierge.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here for a weekend to enjoy the city on our way home from Hawaii. I chose the hotel because of the location which is a block from the Transamerica building, a short walk to the piers on the bay, and across the street for the tour bus stop. The room was very nice and spacious. The lobby restaurant was great for drinks or late night food. The restaurant on the third floor served a very nice breakfast. I would definitely recommend thus hotel. The bonus was that we could use our Amex points to pay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy S
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and i am gald to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that we will see you on your next trip back from Hawaii.