“Outstanding Staff and Views”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #39 of 230 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for just one night over the weekend. Our lovely corner suite on the 22nd floor was spacious (by San Francisco hotel standards) and clean, with excellent views of the Bay Bridge. The bed was among the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. As other reviewers have noted, there is no coffeemaker in the room, but it was not that much of a hassle to go to the 3rd floor for free coffee service -- and the coffee was good!

I was impressed with the staff's kindness and efficiency. Unfortunately, some hotels treat Groupon and discount website customers shabbily; this was not the case at Le Meridien.

The hotel is in a great location. We walked to the Ferry Building and Chinatown within minutes.

I look forward to returning to Le Meridien.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your suite and the wonderful view over the Bay Bridge. I have brought your valued comments regarding the lack of an in room coffee maker to the attention of our management team who will certain look to see if there is an opportunity in the future to provide this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Emma S

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel was nice. And price was decent...for San Francisco. Great location within the financial district and close to shops, a few minute walk to either of those, which is fine by me. Ask for the water view, which is sweet.

Negatives:

1) The positive hotel experience was ruined when I got home and by chance checked my credit card statement. They have added and extra small charge. That was a stand alone and not within the final bill that it was given to me when I checked out.

I called them and I spent like 15' on the phone and they made it sound like it was such a big thing: the manager had to approve...Really? Not worth the time but I did it out of principle. I don't think It is not cool to add expenses after the bill was given to the client.

2) To print the boarding passes is a whole production. In the lobby, you have to log with your room # and name, which never works for me, and you have to get the help desk etc. Suggestion: Simplify and do it like all other hotels: free and easy.

Room Tip: Water view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aconcagua2013
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and find it very valuable. I am sorry for the extra charge that was on your bill and for the time it took to have this removed from the bill. I understand how frustrating this can be. Your comments will help us in our training so this does not happen in the future. Also, thank you for letting us know about your experience with printing the boarding passes. We will review our system to streamline the steps to improve this.

On a more positive note, We are pleased that you enjoyed the location. There is a lot to do around the hotel and I glad you were able to enjoy that. Thank you again for giving us your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience next time you're in San Francisco.

RSW-LSF

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. Came up for an birthday trip for my girlfriend. Stayed in 2306 and thought it has pretty good views. Staff was very friendly and attentive. I was upgraded to a jr suite on the club floor and it's nice here. Sad I only have 2 more days in this beautiful hotel and city.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at Le Meridien San Francisco for one night. Check in staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was given a room very high in the building with a fantastic view. The room was very nice, modern furnishings, comfortable bed. I would stay here again for sure. This hotel is in the financial district, it is very quiet on weekends. I didn't see very much open on the Sunday afternoon when I checked in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From check in reception was very kind. The room was quite nice. We had a spectacular view of the bay. Would I stay here again if I was in San Fran? Without a doubt! The location was perfect for doing many thing within the city with easy access to public trans.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Victoria R
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay--including the check-in process, the view and the location. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at Le Meridien on a 5 day business trip to San Francisco, booked and paid for by a client. The hotel was smart, easy to get to, close to the Embarcadero Shopping Centre and the Bay. The Concierge was polite and efficient as were front of house. I was given a 19th Floor corner room with panoramic views over the Bay. The room was relatively spacious, clean and comfortable. I didn't experience any of the problems mentioned in other reports and although I only used the hotel's restaurant for breakfast the service there was also good and the food excellent. Were I choosing a hotel for myself now that I've experienced several nights I'd probably go back to Le Meridien.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments. I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope to have you back with us again soon. Hopefully the next visit will be VACATION !!!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We searched hotels for days before booking our trip. The good hotels were too pricy, the cheeper hotels had bad reviews. Then we found La Meridien via a Groupon. We were not disappointed. We had a 9th story suite. It was quiet and clean. Each time we came in, or out, of the hotel a man was holding the door for us. Yes, there was a homeless person, or two, on the street corner, but the homeless are on every corner in San Francisco. Hotel location was about 2 blocks from where you can catch the cable car so it was easy to get around town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks, I am happy you found us and glad the we had the pleasure of you as our guest.