“Strong hotel with stronger location”

Le Meridien San Francisco
Ranked #46 of 227 Hotels in San Francisco
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Strong hotel with stronger location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have stayed here a handful of times for business. I have been fortunate enough to get a suite each time, so this review is influenced by that. The rooms are modern styled but comfortable, with lots of lighting. The lighting is required because the windows do not flood the room with light. I like the location because it sits on what I consider to be the border between the financial district and the north beach neighborhoods and not that far from the water going east. I prefer staying at this less touristy hotel than similar hotels closet to Union Square.

It recently underwent a renovation down in the lobby and now has a stronger bar with craft cocktails and decent snacks. Kitchen in the bar closes too early for my taste. The staff is quite friendly and the bellmen are quick to grab cars and cabs. I think this place may be a little higher on the price side, but I think you are paying for more space and excellent location.

I would stay here, and I actually give this place more like 4.5 stars.

Room Tip: If you can swing, get the entry level suites
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty. I am glad you find our rooms comfortable and stylish.
We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. We recently have undergone an extensive renovation and we are glad to see that our efforts were worth it.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Korean first
Leicester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice enough hotel, easy to find from subway. Not much in immediate vicinity but lots within 10/15mins walk. Room was fairly big and modern, free wifi included in room and worked well. Was abit overpriced for £120 a night for room only, however the bed was so comfy almost made it worth it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Overall it was a pleasant stay aside from the employees who were picketing every morning with a megaphone. The hotel upgraded us to the executive floor so we were higher up but could still hear the picketers.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sapphire616
Troy g, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello and thank you for your feedback. We absolutely sympathize with you for the early-morning disturbance caused by the protestors during your last stay with us.
Unfortunately, as the protestors have no affiliation with the hotel, we have no control over their actions. The protest was carefully carried out within the letter of the law as set down by both Federal and City ordinances, and we are unable to interfere with the protestors’ legal rights.
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Le Meridien is a nice, modern hotel located in the heart of the Financial District. Located nearby to many restaurants (Starbucks, Cafe Me - a great little breakfast place owned by friendly family, close enough to Little Italy where Sotto Mare has be 'best damn cioppino!'). Front staff is nice, and the bell staff are helpful when you need a cab to be called over. Close enough for Safeway to be able to grab some basic necessities (water, fruits, etc). Great hotel had for a great value (thanks Hotwire!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Emma S, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I am glad you found our Front Desk friendly and helpful and that our hotel was in a convenient location for everything San Francisco has to offer.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Le Méridien soon!

Northern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed for just one night over the weekend. Our lovely corner suite on the 22nd floor was spacious (by San Francisco hotel standards) and clean, with excellent views of the Bay Bridge. The bed was among the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. As other reviewers have noted, there is no coffeemaker in the room, but it was not that much of a hassle to go to the 3rd floor for free coffee service -- and the coffee was good!

I was impressed with the staff's kindness and efficiency. Unfortunately, some hotels treat Groupon and discount website customers shabbily; this was not the case at Le Meridien.

The hotel is in a great location. We walked to the Ferry Building and Chinatown within minutes.

I look forward to returning to Le Meridien.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your suite and the wonderful view over the Bay Bridge. I have brought your valued comments regarding the lack of an in room coffee maker to the attention of our management team who will certain look to see if there is an opportunity in the future to provide this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The hotel was nice. And price was decent...for San Francisco. Great location within the financial district and close to shops, a few minute walk to either of those, which is fine by me. Ask for the water view, which is sweet.

Negatives:

1) The positive hotel experience was ruined when I got home and by chance checked my credit card statement. They have added and extra small charge. That was a stand alone and not within the final bill that it was given to me when I checked out.

I called them and I spent like 15' on the phone and they made it sound like it was such a big thing: the manager had to approve...Really? Not worth the time but I did it out of principle. I don't think It is not cool to add expenses after the bill was given to the client.

2) To print the boarding passes is a whole production. In the lobby, you have to log with your room # and name, which never works for me, and you have to get the help desk etc. Suggestion: Simplify and do it like all other hotels: free and easy.

Room Tip: Water view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Aconcagua2013
RandyWLSF, Manager at Le Meridien San Francisco, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and find it very valuable. I am sorry for the extra charge that was on your bill and for the time it took to have this removed from the bill. I understand how frustrating this can be. Your comments will help us in our training so this does not happen in the future. Also, thank you for letting us know about your experience with printing the boarding passes. We will review our system to streamline the steps to improve this.

On a more positive note, We are pleased that you enjoyed the location. There is a lot to do around the hotel and I glad you were able to enjoy that. Thank you again for giving us your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a better experience next time you're in San Francisco.

RSW-LSF
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing. Came up for an birthday trip for my girlfriend. Stayed in 2306 and thought it has pretty good views. Staff was very friendly and attentive. I was upgraded to a jr suite on the club floor and it's nice here. Sad I only have 2 more days in this beautiful hotel and city.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple